Vuelta 15h - Steep +14 km Bug

Bug report

Moderator: systemmods

flockmastoR

Vuelta 15h - Steep +14 km Bug

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:40 pm

There was a bug at todays Vuelta stage at the 2nd last km (+15)

There was a "division by 0" error, caused by the tempo calculation in the group with Ernst Fanta. Saw his name in the log with the error and thought I try to change his tempo settings: He was in the group around Seidl. Seidl was weakened by being in the escape group, Fanta was riding tempo earlier in peloton, he had like 500 energy. Seidl was already doing tempo at the +12 (Fanta stayed in the group, already suspicious), on the next km then the game paused. It did continue after I set Fanta in tempo. Rest of the race did look ok.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Re: Vuelta 15h - Steep +14 km Bug

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:41 pm

Ok others with 52 mountain also stayed, maybe Seidl also not too strong at that km
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:10 pm

I did something to avoid the division by 0, but I don't know what impact it will have on the race calculation of the affected riders (if it even matters), but the bug itself (stopping the race) should be gone. The behaviour different from earlier times might come from PHP8 being a bit more strict than the older versions.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:44 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:10 pm
I did something to avoid the division by 0, but I don't know what impact it will have on the race calculation of the affected riders (if it even matters), but the bug itself (stopping the race) should be gone.
Hm, I see a potential problem here. The impact. The last bug to do with division by 0, the pavé downhill but, that was corrected clearly changed the behaviour not only of the affected riders, but of everybody. Now all of the sudden -1 and -2 with low pavé has become much more selective. Other side-effects there too IMO, on high pavé, but somehow that isn't important enough to be checked.

Do we potentially face the same problem here? So my recommendation: Do some internal tests: How is mountain with the uncorrected bug vs the corrected version? And not just on heavy +14, do siebtests and attack tests, tempo vs no tempo tests on both versions, to see if there is a a major change in the behaviour of climbers (or riders in general). Because IMO there was one with the pavé bugfix.

Annoying stuff to do? Takes time that you rather use for something else. Yes, but important, if we pay the salary of our climbers we want to have their strengths at our disposal too. Not castrated due to a bugfix (not claiming that is the case, but it could potentially be, that's why=do checks!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:22 pm

See my general information about the redesign --> http://www.radsportfreaks.de/RSFForum/v ... 33#p121833. Once the test environment is ready, you (any player willing to support) will be able to check the behaviour to support us with development

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:37 pm

My point really was that some stuff should take precedence, like if a bug or bugfix has the potential to alter quite a lot.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!