Fantasy designing information, advice, whatever.

Moderators: systemmods, Calendarmods

Robyklebt

Re: Fantasy designing information, advice, whatever.

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:03 pm

One thing to keep in mind:
In December with Christmas and special Christmas races, Pavé de Noël, Christmas Island, Herne, then in January with Mallorca challenge the "classic season opener" Cadel Evans ( :lol: ) some other possible low cat real races in New Zealand the offseason tour gets a bit interrupted... so probably better to shorten each stop a little bit? Now the plan says until 18.02. you'll lose close to 2 weeks due to those things I guess, and then in middle FEbruary there's this and that already as well.
I always ended up later than ideal with South America as well, no reason to do the same mistake!
Better shorter and then fill up possible remaining time just with stuff that is there from wherever maybe.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!
Got a carrot from FL

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:10 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:03 pm
One thing to keep in mind:
In December with Christmas and special Christmas races, Pavé de Noël, Christmas Island, Herne, then in January with Mallorca challenge the "classic season opener" Cadel Evans ( :lol: ) some other possible low cat real races in New Zealand the offseason tour gets a bit interrupted... so probably better to shorten each stop a little bit? Now the plan says until 18.02. you'll lose close to 2 weeks due to those things I guess, and then in middle FEbruary there's this and that already as well.
I always ended up later than ideal with South America as well, no reason to do the same mistake!
Better shorter and then fill up possible remaining time just with stuff that is there from wherever maybe.
Yeah good points. I would see this time spans more as a proposal than fixed dates. It helps me to keep track of races. I will scan the available FantasyOneDay races and check for the region, then I will already shift it to the starting date as described. So I don't always have to recheck the region or keep track of it in parallel. I guess the Mediterranean can already start in between the real races still available in October. If a region gets not too many spots (can be due to real races/ offseason classics / not enough available races) I might promote them more in the following offseason. In the long run, having offseason classics for each region would be very nice, but I wouldn't see that as a forced goal, more like a recommondation to look at the regions closer that currently lack offseason classics.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

GoddelauerClub

Post by GoddelauerClub » Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:49 am

Hi,
please dont Delete the PilzenPragCzechCup.

It was a mistake, please dont Delete the Race :(

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:57 pm

Dear designers,

The real season is coming to an end soon. Team FL already proposed an offseason calendar, see: http://www.radsportfreaks.de/RSFForum/v ... 00#p121753

To give you a better overview on what is needed here is the plan for the RSF Offseason Tour. This means 6 regions of the world that can be used for cycling races in the winter period, we stay at each region for 3 weeks. The plan is like that:

RSF Offseason Tour
16.10.2024 - 05.11.2024: MED - Mediterranean (South Europe, North Afrika, Arabic Region, prefer non European races)
06.11.2024 - 26.11.2024: AFR - Africa (Sub-Saharan Africa)
27.11.2024 - 17.12.2024: OCE - Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, ...)
18.12.2024 - 07.01.2025: ASIA (India, South-East Asia, Indonasia)
08.01.2025 - 28.01.2025: SAM - South America
29.01.2025 - 18.02.2025: CAM - Central America, Mexico & Caribbean

I checked the races that are currently (09.09.2024) in the database.

Special Races:
ITT/TTT in the following regions (2x MED, 1x AFR, 1xSAM)
Pave (as in real pave races): (2x SAM, 1x CAM)

What is needed most in what region?
MED: very flat races (just 3 available), hilly (3), HC (1)
AFR: HC (0), very hilly (2), hilly (4)
OCE: very flat (4), very hilly (0), HC (0), hilly (3)
ASIA: hilly (4), many races in India, other regions are still pretty blank
SAM: very hilly (1), flat with hills/wellig (3)
CAM: very hilly (3), HC (0)

Overview Plan
Screenshot 2024-09-09 175629.png
Screenshot 2024-09-09 175629.png (226.71 KiB) Viewed 168 times
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points