Sprint Question

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Laugenspitze

Sprint Question

Post by Laugenspitze » Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:23 pm

(Linn Drum Cycling) I did a train in today’s race, Galway-Dublin at 6 pm. Spooner, Palmer, Rose. Spooner helped Palmer, Palmer helped Rose. Spooner took the lead "von vorne", Palmer at 250, and Rose was "following". But Rose didn’t get Palmer’s wheel. Why?
Should I do Rose from 200? Or what went wrong?

schappy

Re: Sprint Question

Post by schappy » Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:34 pm

Was Rose on "follow" at Usmanov or Johansen?
I´ve got the magic in me

Laugenspitze

Post by Laugenspitze » Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:39 pm

No - he was set on "follow" in the sprint settings, but was "hanging" on nobody. That´s all.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:02 pm

Winston Rose 50 62 53 62 83
Magnus Johansen 48 72 63 51 90

Johansen was stronger.

When doing a train, your rider isn't guaranteed to get his wheel.

If you follow a guy that isn't in your team, it's just the stronger guy that gets that wheel. What makes a rider strong is the sprint value, and since flat counts for quite a lot at the start of the sprint, the flat value. And of course energy which impacts both values too, with less flat depending on how fast the race was you might have quite a bit less energy too. If you both had followed another rider, here clearly Johansen is stonger.

If you follow your own rider, you get a bonus, we normal users don't know how big (which good, we don't need to know). Here the bonus clearly wasn't big enough to prevent Johansen from "stealing" the wheel. 10 flat and 7 sprint. So again, no guarantee to get the wheel of your own rider, but you do get a bonus, that in this case just wasn't big enough. That's why Johansen, who was following Palmer, got Palmer's wheel.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Laugenspitze

Post by Laugenspitze » Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:24 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:02 pm
If you follow your own rider, you get a bonus, we normal users don't know how big (which good, we don't need to know). Here the bonus clearly wasn't big enough to prevent Johansen from "stealing" the wheel. 10 flat and 7 sprint. So again, no guarantee to get the wheel of your own rider, but you do get a bonus, that in this case just wasn't big enough. That's why Johansen, who was following Palmer, got Palmer's wheel.
Understood. Thx.
And because it's so nice, "Usmanov" hangs on Johansen before Rose. LOL.