not enoff players for 6 div

Moderators: flockmastoR, Gipfelstuermer, Alkworld, systemmods

stinull57

not enoff players for 6 div

Post by stinull57 » Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:38 pm

this game should not have 6 div even 5 are way to much maybe 4 div would nice and if more people join the always can upgrade to 5 div . have read som things on forum that says that there only are teams for like 2 divisions.And yes i know you wont to keep the new players apart. But whats the point if the new players have ride against the old players anyway . and is not better for the game when teams that playing often are in the same leauge ? ?

flockmastoR

Re: not enoff players for 6 div

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:00 am

stinull57 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:38 pm
this game should not have 6 div even 5 are way to much maybe 4 div would nice and if more people join the always can upgrade to 5 div . have read som things on forum that says that there only are teams for like 2 divisions.And yes i know you wont to keep the new players apart. But whats the point if the new players have ride against the old players anyway . and is not better for the game when teams that playing often are in the same leauge ? ?
Looking at the number of inactive teams in division 1-5 there are
2 teams with 0 races and 0 points (inactive for 2 consecutive months)
3 teams with 0 races in August but with points from July
21 teams with <10 races in August

as we have 100 teams in those 5 Divisions, you can read that as percentages as well. So 5% of those teams are inactive this month. 21% are racing less than every 3rd day. The rest is pretty active. Yesterday we had more than 100 teams taking part at a race. So I strongly doubt your theory, not sure what you read but it is probably outdated/is simply not true.

Having a seperate market for newcomers/comebacks is meaningful. Thats the reason for splitting between Division 1-5 and Division 6. The total number of Divisions between 1-5 is arbitrary but I like that you need consecutive good seasons to reach the top of the divisions. Nevertheless, numbers within the division can be discussed, we reduced it some month ago and currently there is a discussion of increasing number of teams per division in the top divisions. So the opposite of your proposal.

One thing that is true is that lower division teams don't have their own races, as it was standard earlier on. Maybe we should try to reimplement that in the future with rising participation.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points