Discuss about form

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

NicoVanarlo

Discuss about form

Post by NicoVanarlo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:08 pm

Nopil already tralked about this problem: form is too easy to predict, not enough suspens, etc...
So i suggest a new reform, just an idea, i don't know if some of you will be interrest, i think it could be pretty cool, more than the actuel system. (I don't know if it could be implent easily or not...)

My idea: you don't gain +0.266 for each point (something like that) but you have XX% of chance to reach a score between -3 and +3 for a day.

table:

For example, if you have 95form, you have 0%=>-3
...........................................................1%=>-2
..........................................................10%=>-1
..........................................................38%=>0
..........................................................24%=>+1
..........................................................20%=>+2
...........................................................7%=>+3

I hope it's clear, of course, if this idea is adopted, we can discuss about all values, a real mathematician could work on it.
The new form could be showed or hidden (for me it's funnier if it's hidden)
Thanks for reading, sory for my english, let's talk about this now.

sylvainmeteo

Re: Discuss about form

Post by sylvainmeteo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Yep I like this idea, I post here 2 years ago : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1979

It's a bit like your proposal, go between 88 and 97 and +3 to -3 random...

I agree about the fact is too easy to predict the form, it's too much mechanical, but riders aren't mechanical, they can have a day with and the day after without... ;)

For sure, I want that we change the form system soon
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

luques

Post by luques » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:45 pm

+++

Like the idea, more realistic and less "mechanic"
;)

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:54 pm

I don't like randomness in games. So i don't like it.

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:05 pm

everybody, hm at least a lot, always complaining about training and percentages.
i can hear the whining coming for getting always a malus on the form.

olmania

Post by olmania » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:59 pm

That's interesting, but these % bring more 'random/luck' in the game, and will not change the system a lot, just make some lucky (or not) small changes ... so I'm not so fan ...
I think I prefered the former idea developed with Nopik (also, both could be combined somehow), anyway, to be developed and discussed. ;)

luques

Post by luques » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:05 pm

ATB - Racing wrote:everybody, hm at least a lot, always complaining about training and percentages.
People that complain now will complain also in future no matter what you do, they simply like complaining...
If you do something like this they will simply be happier that they have something easy to complain about :)

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:34 am

luques wrote:
ATB - Racing wrote:everybody, hm at least a lot, always complaining about training and percentages.
People that complain now will complain also in future no matter what you do, they simply like complaining...
If you do something like this they will simply be happier that they have something easy to complain about :)
Yea, lets then add more random factor in the game. Maybe at the beginning of the race game will randomly choose the winner.

The fact is that -3/+3 skill is a LOT. It can cost win. I don't want to loose race sitting in front of pc for 2h because I was unlucky or someone else was lucky. This game is great because it's a game of pure skill and it should stay like this.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:27 am

If you really want form become unpredictable, i think it is better to add 1 or 2 new style of form than to add random

luques

Post by luques » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:39 am

Radomiak wrote: Yea, lets then add more random factor in the game. Maybe at the beginning of the race game will randomly choose the winner.

The fact is that -3/+3 skill is a LOT. It can cost win. I don't want to loose race sitting in front of pc for 2h because I was unlucky or someone else was lucky. This game is great because it's a game of pure skill and it should stay like this.
Actually the way you wake up in the morning is a random factor, you don't know how you will wake up the day before.

The question is... do we want a game more close to reality? We have to add the random factor... WHY? Because in real life just exist, breaking chain, have a puncture, be ill and so on... Look at Stybar in the last Paris Roubaix...

I like game that are more close to real life, even if i know that this can happen to me when i am a favo (but can also happen to the others), but this is just how real sport works and for this i will always agree with these ideas.

This +3 / -3 things just simulate the fact that riders are not the same every day even if they are in peak form, some days they are better some days they are worse.
After sure % can be adjusted, the idea improved and so on, but i will support every idea that goes more near to reality ;)

olmania

Post by olmania » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:58 am

Why best riders do not have many days off ?
Because they try their best to have a lifestyle that will not bring them a day off. They try to sleep good, eat the best, relax a maximum, recover asap and so on ...
Then, they rarely have days off ! They influence their everyday lives to reduces risks of "random" day off. ;)
I am really against adding more "% of ?" in the game.

For the ones who did not see 1st proposal a long time ago, or who did not remember, here's a link:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2372

I liked this idea because form system becomes more interesting, less predictable and just more exciting ;)

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:10 am

Good game = pure skill based game. It promotes better players to win than more lucky ones. And it's more important than making game more realistic. Also i don't think that making random skill bonuses makes game more realistic.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:34 am

Radomiak wrote:Good game = pure skill based game. It promotes better players to win than more lucky ones. And it's more important than making game more realistic. Also i don't think that making random skill bonuses makes game more realistic.
If you want a more realistic game you can't erase random, chance, luck of it.

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:40 am

Pokemon Club wrote:
Radomiak wrote:Good game = pure skill based game. It promotes better players to win than more lucky ones. And it's more important than making game more realistic. Also i don't think that making random skill bonuses makes game more realistic.
If you want a more realistic game you can't erase random, chance, luck of it.
I don't want more realistic game with cost of less skill based game. Skill based game > more realistic. And you can consider luck/chance by lucky attack, bad decision of others etc. So there is already "luck" factor in game, but it's based on player decisions, not some mystic random power.

NicoVanarlo

Post by NicoVanarlo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Radomiak wrote:
Yea, lets then add more random factor in the game. Maybe at the beginning of the race game will randomly choose the winner.

In fact, I chose -3/+3 BECAUSE it's a lot. For the moment, i think -2/+2 is not enough, i would like if someone which have 85 berg coud SOMETIMES beat someone with 89. For the moment, it's nearly impossible because on a race, everybody choose the same day for his topform, or nearly.
And of Course, -3/+3 is a lot, but it's not full random, there is still a control. It's just a little less under control.
And that could compensate someone who is unlucky on training if he's lucky on a race...
I don't want to loose race sitting in front of pc for 2h because I was unlucky or someone else was lucky.
Before, you could loose on a sprint because and only because you didn't have luck (remember the malus between -6/0)
Still now, nobody understand how the new sprint system is working (between 1km and 500m as said the ape) so there is still a big part of chance)
So i just "ask" for a -3/+3 "nearly under control", before, we had -6/0 full random, I think it could be funnier, it's all.

NicoVanarlo

Post by NicoVanarlo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:53 pm

olmania wrote:Why best riders do not have many days off ?
Because they try their best to have a lifestyle that will not bring them a day off. They try to sleep good, eat the best, relax a maximum, recover asap and so on ...
Then, they rarely have days off ! They influence their everyday lives to reduces risks of "random" day off. ;)

For the ones who did not see 1st proposal a long time ago, or who did not remember, here's a link:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2372

I liked this idea because form system becomes more interesting, less predictable and just more exciting ;)
Yes I liked his idea too, but it looks like forgot by everyone unfortunately and maybe harder to implent in the game.

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:57 pm

NicoVanarlo -3/+3 to form ok, but not randomly distributed, that once you have +3, next day you don't.

olmania

Post by olmania » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:45 pm

NicoVanarlo wrote:
olmania wrote:Why best riders do not have many days off ?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2372

Yes I liked his idea too, but it looks like forgot by everyone unfortunately and maybe harder to implent in the game.
Hard to implement ? I don't think it would be so hard, but I understand Buh has no time or it's not in his plan. But then please not this random +3/-3 ...

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Not hard to implement. But we had such ideas for years: As you see, the problem is that many user are not interested in such a random component in the game.

My suggestion is the same like years before: The riders get a new skill "constancy". So if you buy riders with a value of 100, you would have a constant value and no random. But of course these riders are more expensive. Users willing to take a risk can buy cheaper riders, with have the random values like you say. This could be a compromise.

olmania

Post by olmania » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:13 pm

When you see how is the market transfer today, I'm not sure it's the best compromise.
If you find an interesting way to make this new skill change ...

and about new skills, we had many other propositions way more interesting I think ;) (but too difficult to implement, or too controversial I guess)