Form

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

auxilium torino

Form

Post by auxilium torino » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:49 pm

I still remember a Chense's proposal about form setting, probably in the old forum (i don't find the proposal in this one).
Chense say that will be better to have a different setting form about the value (ex. 2/-2 mountain, 1/-1 flat, 2/-2 downhill, 1/-1 crono, 4/-4 sprint), close to the real sport.
If i good remember proposal would be as very intresting stuffed from the mayor parts of RSF players,same Buhmann was intresting about this.
In fact, the chance to set different form at team can make the race more intresting, give the chance at team to be flexible, and give more intresting at tour too, then we can find with similar value different form, that give a unpredictable finish, close to the ability of the manager.
Allenatore Italia - Manager Dainese OG 10 bronzo TTT
Manager SantiNelli WC 10/10 argento TT
Manager SantiNelli WC 3/11 6/11Oro TT
Allenatore Italia WC 9/11 Oro RR
Non contare mai il numero dei tuoi avversari... affrontali!
Multi hostes, multus honor

Chense

Re: Form

Post by Chense » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:37 pm

It was a proposal about special form settings yes - You can take either the normal form with +2 for everything (which makes 10 points) or a "special" form with all in all 9 (or maybe only 8?) points and maximum +4 points for one value

Sprint Form: Mountain +1 Flat +4 Sprint +4
Classics Form: Mountain +3 Flat +3 Downhill +1 Sprint +2
Mountain Form: Mountain +4 Flat +2 Downhill +3
Grand Tour Form: Mountain +4 Flat +1 ITT +4
Pave Form: Flat +4 Downhill +1 Sprint +3

and so on ;)

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:52 am

Chense wrote:It was a proposal about special form settings yes - You can take either the normal form with +2 for everything (which makes 10 points) or a "special" form with all in all 9 (or maybe only 8?) points and maximum +4 points for one value

Sprint Form: Mountain +1 Flat +4 Sprint +4
Classics Form: Mountain +3 Flat +3 Downhill +1 Sprint +2
Mountain Form: Mountain +4 Flat +2 Downhill +3
Grand Tour Form: Mountain +4 Flat +1 ITT +4
Pave Form: Flat +4 Downhill +1 Sprint +3

and so on ;)
I don't think it's a good idea. Two reasons:
1) most riders don't need downhill and TT, few need sprint. Most of the riders would just get +4 Mountain and +4 Flat (at least in my team). That makes
2) even more important: Big teams will have even stronger riders. Riding with 9 riders in a good shape all the time is already an advantage, these form settings would just increase this advantage.

Chense

Post by Chense » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Finally i think you are right in some way ... maybe it should be maximum 3 points per value ... so we could get a bit more difference in form settings but it would not change SO much :)