Race calendar revolution

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Luna

Race calendar revolution

Post by Luna » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Could we make at least one race per day (sometimes a stage race) that excludes divs 1-4 (or 1-3, or 1-2, variably) to give the lower divs the possibility to have a full schedule with races amongst their own? Then they would always have enough races and chances to win, even if any system changes (whichever) might harm their chances in direct comüparison to the so-called "big teams"?

This low-div races should be very low categorized, with very low ranking points and a little less prize money. Most of the times fantasy races, but also sometimes real ones, in case there are 2 races at the same day in the real cycling calendar.

At the same time the "upper" races should exclude Div 6, but still be open for Div 5. That way a newbie would found a racing schedule that wouldn't beat him completely down. Once promoted to Div 5 the user may chose which race to ride. Lower div races with few money/points and bigger chances to win, or higher div races with little chances to win, but bigger prize money and points.

Maybe we should adapt the cat system a bit for this. Introducing cat 0 for example. Or cat 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, regarding the level of the allowed divs.

Buhmann

Re: Race calendar revolution

Post by Buhmann » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:55 pm

Leso shall can put more races with Div5-6 and so on into the calendar. In next time i won´t create new categories for this.

Luna

Post by Luna » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:15 pm

That's not the same. Riding races amongst weaker teams while winning the same prize money and points would create a too luxory environment that could lead many teams to deliberately stay in the lower divs, i guess.

Furthermore it should be an interplay with the calendar and the rest of the system. When we have the foundation of a more or less seperate racing schedule offered for lower divs, we could more easily come to decisions like excluding div 5 from the youth auctions; and maybe other things to come.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:01 pm

The idea is not bad, but it means that div 5 has the largest choice of races. And I would not make totally different races for different divs.

I would sugest, that you offer different races but don't restrict the teams too much. The first race brings much more ranking points and is open for everybody (except div 6 - and div 5 for important races). The second race is open for all (also div 1 if they realy want to ride it). If there is an important real race use the same profile for the second race, maybe shorten it a bid. So new teams can ride on the same streets but not the same race.

I do not think the effect is much different from your proposal, except there is more freedom for the teams. Div 5 can still decide if they want to ride in the strong field. Most div 1-4 will not think twice if the have to decide to ride a Monument or a cat 1 race.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:36 am

Sure you want this here Luna? doubt leso reads the technic actually...
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Leso cannot alter the prize money and points. I didn't meant it to be just "leso should add more div 5/6 races", but as a systemic improvement all involved parties know of and can build upon.

It should be somehow recognizable in the palmares what kind of races a team/rider has won. If there's just "cat 1 race" written in the palmares you don't know if it was a win on lower lever or one with potentially all the "big teams" in it. So I feel a bit unsure about pushing this further without Buhmann wanting to support it.

In RL it's more easy. When i look at the palmares of Danilo Hondo I see "Prag-Karlsbad-Prag" and I know immediately what kind of competition he'd met there. The same with his 5th place at Milano - Torino. But here at RSF the pure name of a race doesn't provide information about the participating divs. Escpecially with all the fantasy races you can't have a clue about for which classes the race was open for. So I fear an increase of confusion regarding palmares and statistics if the 2nd-tier races were simply listed as cat 1 race like any other daily fantasy race that's open for all