New Layout

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Buhmann

Re: New Layout

Post by Buhmann » Wed May 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Hmm. Can find the race. Is it over?

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Wed May 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Buhmann wrote:Hmm. Can find the race. Is it over?
now its a new race… maybe cache-problem or because you did something?
barba and me had the same problem. so its not only my problem.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed May 01, 2013 1:43 pm

i found the problem and solve it

AlmavivaItalia

Post by AlmavivaItalia » Thu May 02, 2013 12:08 am

i've a "problem".

My home Notebook isn't so well performant with Video Card and Hardware Accelerator, so when i am on flash sites, my cpu work hardly, increasing heat.

During the race normally is not a problem, i can switch to other tabs do other things and Temperature decreases, but if i stay a lot in the RaceScreen (10' or more) like on Siebable kms or on last kms or during sprint, overheating problems happens. For example during today (13h) sprint, My notebook goes off twice due to overheating protection. I know it's my problem, first of all, but with lighter older version of the site it never happens.

Can i have some suggestion against this problem? or, for example, continue to play in the old version of the site?

I think it's absurd i have to stop to play or to buy another netbook only because i've to play to a game, when a 2004 1GB Desktop PC hasn't any problem...

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu May 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Robyklebt wrote:Spectators now can write in the race chat....
Please Buhmann, correct this and make it stop. It's annyoing that spectators interfer in the race chat and even are able give advices and so on (and already do it!).
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Thu May 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Buhmann wrote:i found the problem and solve it
thx a lot! althought its not important bug it could sove other probs too. never know…

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Thu May 02, 2013 7:44 pm

AlmavivaItalia wrote:i've a "problem".

My home Notebook isn't so well performant with Video Card and Hardware Accelerator, so when i am on flash sites, my cpu work hardly, increasing heat.

During the race normally is not a problem, i can switch to other tabs do other things and Temperature decreases, but if i stay a lot in the RaceScreen (10' or more) like on Siebable kms or on last kms or during sprint, overheating problems happens. For example during today (13h) sprint, My notebook goes off twice due to overheating protection. I know it's my problem, first of all, but with lighter older version of the site it never happens.

Can i have some suggestion against this problem? or, for example, continue to play in the old version of the site?

I think it's absurd i have to stop to play or to buy another netbook only because i've to play to a game, when a 2004 1GB Desktop PC hasn't any problem...
i'd recommend checking these things:
do you use firefox and does disabling "use hardware accelleration" in preferences (test it e.g. on a short race) help? did you try to take measures to lower cpu-load – like setting flash-quality to low and using slim browser like chrome, opera etc.? flash sucks for years now an e.g. on macs its responsible for 99% of system-crashes... and did you clean the fan and remove dust from the littel holes in the tower in past year(s)?
@buhmann: which version of flash player is minimum system requirements? users youd check if they meets the minimus system requirements. or maybe a flash-verion is bit buggy/too much cpu-intensive and installing another or downgrading to another version of flash could help?
Last edited by RainerT on Thu May 02, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Thu May 02, 2013 7:48 pm

team fl wrote:
Please Buhmann, correct this and make it stop. It's annyoing that spectators interfer in the race chat and even are able give advices and so on (and already do it!).
+1
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

AlmavivaItalia

Post by AlmavivaItalia » Thu May 02, 2013 10:03 pm

RainerT wrote:
AlmavivaItalia wrote:i've a "problem".

i'd recommend checking these things:
do you use firefox and does disabling "use hardware accelleration" in preferences (test it e.g. on a short race) help? did you try to take measures to lower cpu-load – like setting flash-quality to low and using slim browser like chrome, opera etc.? flash sucks for years now an e.g. on macs its responsible for 99% of system-crashes... and did you clean the fan and remove dust from the littel holes in the tower in past year(s)?
@buhmann: which version of flash player is minimum system requirements? users youd check if they meets the minimus system requirements. or maybe a flash-verion is bit buggy/too much cpu-intensive and installing another or downgrading to another version of flash could help?

Thank you. Try to disable Every thing of Hardware Accelerator, in Browser, in Flash an also in W7 (using classic Theme). Let's hope it will work, i hope i can play a good Giro Now;)

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Fri May 03, 2013 1:36 am

AlmavivaItalia wrote:Thank you. Try to disable Every thing of Hardware Accelerator, in Browser, in Flash an also in W7 (using classic Theme). Let's hope it will work, i hope i can play a good Giro Now;)
id also try completely uninstalling flash and freshly install:
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ndows.html
Save that to your Desktop then run it. After Flash has been uninstalled, reboot, (restart), the computer. This updates settings and system files.
Then revisit Adobe at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

another thing that could keep your netbook cool is to put eg. thermal packs under it :ugeek:

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Fri May 03, 2013 1:33 pm

at short races you dont know which race will come when selecting riders. and it can be a huge mountain or a 2km flat race. is that intended?
and btw right now it dosnt work. there is no inscription-line…

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Fri May 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Is possible to allow the new window opening?
I had difficult for set the form and some other operations doing all in 1 window!
Please give us the center click new window again!
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri May 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Ehm Buhmann, let's just SUPPOSE I'd like to give fairness votes.
How exactly can I do that?
1 first that shit popup comes up in the middle of the useless 500 meter sprint repetition. Where the last 50 meters is enough. So I happily close the fairness popup
2 Reload the race, fairness popup. Next the sprint restarts. And? I can't give votes.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri May 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Other stuff
Seems can't chose riders in the scroll downs menues easily anymore. Before, T, and it jumps to the first rider with T... good. Now T, and nothing happens. Is there a special reason for this?
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

AlmavivaItalia

Post by AlmavivaItalia » Fri May 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Pirkio wrote:Is possible to allow the new window opening?
I had difficult for set the form and some other operations doing all in 1 window!
Please give us the center click new window again!

Click on licence, then on home, then, incredible, you've 2 browsertab on the game!. You can repeat it whenever you want

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Sat May 04, 2013 1:44 am

or just open a new tab and enter cycling4freaks.com as usual.

btw: scrolling with scrollbars is weird. instead of klicking to go one page down or up it scrolls to the very bottom or top… hard to navigate to see what happened last kms.

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Sat May 04, 2013 11:42 am

Or just give us again the middle click!
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Sat May 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Don't know if this has something to do with the new layout, but I can see only the values of my former riders, but no transfers, no developement, and most important, no palmares.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat May 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Same for me when I click from my transfer page.
But going through stats former riders everything shows up.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue May 07, 2013 10:09 am

The pop ups are fascinating

Fairness rules popup: You want people to read that I guess, yeah? Then why make it so small? Make it BIG.
Naming riders popup: The same, make it BIG! Not a scrolling festival

Then: Interviews: The ones before the race, ok. But then "cancel".. .and then after cancel you still have to close the popup with the red thing.. it's not really intuitive :lol: Maybe just make the popup disappear after "senden"?

Fairness voting: Comes in the middle of the sprint. I click on senden and I'm done with it.
Then, as Cerro wrote somewhere, the winner interview and the fairness thing, if you don't do it immediately... reopen the race, popups appear, sprint starts, you can't do the interview/fairness vote anymore.

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Tue May 07, 2013 6:17 pm

wo ist eigentlich die punktevergabe hin? fand das immer ganz nett, gerade für die neulinge um zu schauen was man so an punkten und geld bekommt bei einem rennen.
RV Allagen. Qualität seit 2006. Erfolg seit 2006.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Tue May 07, 2013 8:19 pm

steht wenn man ein rennen anklickt unte rinfo kann dort die einzelnen kategorien anklicken aber ist immernoch falsch...
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Wed May 08, 2013 12:30 am

Another nice thing should be a time warp for the sprint.. Every time you watch again the sprint you have to watch all the full sprint, and maybe all the action is made in the last 100 mt
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Wed May 08, 2013 2:57 am

Pirkio wrote:Another nice thing should be a time warp for the sprint.. Every time you watch again the sprint you have to watch all the full sprint, and maybe all the action is made in the last 100 mt
+1, I suggested that as well.

There should also be a menu where you can click on your rider to make the sprint screen jump to that rider.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Thu May 09, 2013 11:02 pm

team fl wrote:
*push* :P
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour