beta sprint test notes / Sammelthread

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Buhmann

Re: beta sprint test notes / Sammelthread

Post by Buhmann » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:40 pm

If we keep the old sprint system for IS, all users ahve to learn to different sprint systems. I don´t think that is is the best solution. I would prefer forget the old system. Maybe one very very easy for the IS, only sorting by strength, without helping and anything else.

Avaya

Post by Avaya » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:44 pm

another question: what is with sprints for mountain points? these are more important, in tours of course, than IS.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Avaya wrote:another question: what is with sprints for mountain points? these are more important, in tours of course, than IS.

side note: are they? IS can decide over GC victory or not as well as about the points classement, while mountain points only decide about the mountain classement...
Last edited by team fl on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Excellent, +1 Buh, just short this in intermediate sprint...

but a problem, the energy loss is just scary :O all managers will buy 65 reg sprinters!?!
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

Avaya

Post by Avaya » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:58 pm

side note: are they? IS can decide over GC victory or not as well as about the points classement, while mountain points only decide about the mountain classement...

you're right, only compared the IS in one day stages to mountain points in tours. so sprints for mountain points and IS in tours should be definitely with the new system but shortened.
but a problem, the energy loss is just scary :O all managers will buy 65 reg sprinters!?!
the energy u see after the sprint is just sprint energy, isnt it? so it has no influence to the "real energy" maybe only like it has at the moment.

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Buhmann wrote:If we keep the old sprint system for IS, all users ahve to learn to different sprint systems. I don´t think that is is the best solution. I would prefer forget the old system. Maybe one very very easy for the IS, only sorting by strength, without helping and anything else.
??? so the best rider will allways get the is without doing anything? (sorry verstehe das gerade net ganz).

mal ganz kurz auf deutsch. vielleicht sollte eine abgespeckte sprintversion bei zwischensprints nur auftauchen, wenn in der ersten gruppe die den zwischensprint erreicht, auch sprint eingestellt ist. stellt man keinen sprint ein, werden die punkte wie aktuell schon einfach via zufall verteilt, ohne das die sprintanimation startet. ich mein in den meisten fällen bekommen doch die zieher die punkte. sehe nicht ganz den sinn wieso man dann jedes mal den sprint ablaufen lassen muss. mich würde das glaube ich nerven wenn man viele wertungen hat.

und ich fänd es gar nicht so schlecht, 2 sprintsysteme zu haben. sehe noch nicht ganz den sinn das man das auch bei bergetappen ablaufen lassen soll? hege allgemein noch viel skepsis dem neuen system über, fand das alte schon sehr gut und einfach zu verstehen. aber okay, das neue kann ja auch was sein, dem will ich schon ne chance geben ;)
RV Allagen. Qualität seit 2006. Erfolg seit 2006.

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:05 pm

es wäre noch schön, bei der wiederholung des sprintes, wenn man dann so die meterangaben vorbeifliegen sieht, bzw allgemein in der sprintanzeige. und lasst uns mal einen test machen mit 15-20 teams. selbst bei 5 teams werden schon sprinter von abgfallenden fahrern geblockt. will mal sehen wie das ist wenn sau viele sprinten ;)

NicoVanarlo

Post by NicoVanarlo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Allagen wrote:es wäre noch schön, bei der wiederholung des sprintes, wenn man dann so die meterangaben vorbeifliegen sieht, bzw allgemein in der sprintanzeige. und lasst uns mal einen test machen mit 15-20 teams. selbst bei 5 teams werden schon sprinter von abgfallenden fahrern geblockt. will mal sehen wie das ist wenn sau viele sprinten ;)
By default, order sprint should be "no". because, with 5 teams, ok, you have 40 riders in sprint animation, with 20 teams, it's 160...

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:33 pm

am i right, that it is really really difficult now to win with a rider, which is not the best sprinter? ecspecially in a groupe.

old system: try a 500m sprint, maybe nobody follow you, so you can win. now with the new sprintingsystem, you see the early sprint, the other follow you, so no chance to win?? and now you are losing really much energy with an early sprint, so it´s not the best way to sprint. maybe i am wrong, because i am not sure if i understand the new system. but for me it looks like an big advantage for strong sprinters.

so you will get no help with the best sprinter in peloton or escape? this can be a lot of chaos???

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Allagen wrote:es wäre noch schön, bei der wiederholung des sprintes, wenn man dann so die meterangaben vorbeifliegen sieht, bzw allgemein in der sprintanzeige. und lasst uns mal einen test machen mit 15-20 teams. selbst bei 5 teams werden schon sprinter von abgfallenden fahrern geblockt. will mal sehen wie das ist wenn sau viele sprinten ;)
some labels on the road would be fine

question: What if a group wins, the animation than just shows the front group? or do i have to scroll 4min back to see the sprint royal?
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Allagen wrote:am i right, that it is really really difficult now to win with a rider, which is not the best sprinter? ecspecially in a groupe.

old system: try a 500m sprint, maybe nobody follow you, so you can win. now with the new sprintingsystem, you see the early sprint, the other follow you, so no chance to win?? and now you are losing really much energy with an early sprint, so it´s not the best way to sprint. maybe i am wrong, because i am not sure if i understand the new system. but for me it looks like an big advantage for strong sprinters.

so you will get no help with the best sprinter in peloton or escape? this can be a lot of chaos???
wenn du nicht von beginn an ihm hängst, kannst ihm ja nicht folgen, das heißt dann aber für den stärksten sprinter, dass er auch früher den sprint eröffnen muss, was die schlechteren Sprinter an seinem HR vielleicht hilft. Somit würd das grad bei kleinen gruppen schon viel offener verlaufen.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:14 pm

flockmastoR wrote:

question: What if a group wins, the animation than just shows the front group? or do i have to scroll 4min back to see the sprint royal?
it´s a normal sprint like a ms. you can switch between the different groupes. this is funny if you try to sprint in 2 or 3 groupes at the same time...

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:15 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Allagen wrote:am i right, that it is really really difficult now to win with a rider, which is not the best sprinter? ecspecially in a groupe.

wenn du nicht von beginn an ihm hängst, kannst ihm ja nicht folgen, das heißt dann aber für den stärksten sprinter, dass er auch früher den sprint eröffnen muss, was die schlechteren Sprinter an seinem HR vielleicht hilft. Somit würd das grad bei kleinen gruppen schon viel offener verlaufen.

ähm natürlich kann man einen noch folgen wenn man das nicht von beginn an tut. also im neuen sprintsystem. ich bin am anfang bisher einfach nur gehangen und wenn ich falsch war, hab ich eben das hinterras gewechselt. so war es mit einem 96iger sprinter recht einfach zu gewinnen.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:42 pm

don´t like it, don´t get it :D it seems that rider without sprinting can win a sprint?
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Interessanter Bug gerade:
Gruppe geht an km 2
Hinten alle sprinter gehen mit 700kraft oder weniger in den Sprint
| ( o )( o ) | Spongebob

/ ( o )( o ) \ Patrick

( ( o )( o ) ) Thadeus

|( o )| |( o )| Eugene

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:50 pm

bad system the teams with sprint strong helpers easy win, its good for teams like chaos 3 90 sprinter and nobody can beat you if somone take your wheel you can block him and sprint with the 2nd last
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Other bug, when I sprint from scratch, almost all the riders are under 500 energy... it not happen when i go from 450m (for a train)

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:32 am

Allagen wrote:
flockmastoR wrote:

it´s a normal sprint like a ms. you can switch between the different groupes. this is funny if you try to sprint in 2 or 3 groupes at the same time...
could become kind very comlicated during stage races
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:38 am

Allagen wrote:
flockmastoR wrote:

ähm natürlich kann man einen noch folgen wenn man das nicht von beginn an tut. also im neuen sprintsystem. ich bin am anfang bisher einfach nur gehangen und wenn ich falsch war, hab ich eben das hinterras gewechselt. so war es mit einem 96iger sprinter recht einfach zu gewinnen.
Theoretische 3er gruppe: 2 hängen aneindander und haben einstellung "follow", einer sprintet gleich los. Dann ist der abstand doch schon sehr groß zu beginn (die anderen haben ja keinen zug dem sie folgen). Da kannst ja nicht plötzlich dem vorne "folgen" und kraftsparend ranrollen! Was kann man machen mit dem neuen System in dieser Situation?
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Avaya

Post by Avaya » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Theoretische 3er gruppe: 2 hängen aneindander und haben einstellung "follow", einer sprintet gleich los. Dann ist der abstand doch schon sehr groß zu beginn (die anderen haben ja keinen zug dem sie folgen). Da kannst ja nicht plötzlich dem vorne "folgen" und kraftsparend ranrollen! Was kann man machen mit dem neuen System in dieser Situation?
Also zumindest im Massensprint war ab 500m direkt gehen das dümmste was man machen konnte. Man rollt dann so lang ohne Kraft herum, dass die anderen einen sicher einholen, über 250m geht bei dem bisherigen Energieverbrauch nichts.

Aber mich würde was anderes interessieren: Die Kraft, die man da immer sieht, ist das eigentlich die Sprintkraft oder die eigentliche richtige Kraft? Wenn es die eigentliche Kraft ist, sinkt sie natürlich viel zu stark und das müsste noch geändert werden, ungefähr so, dass man bei nem Sprint von 500m vielleicht wie jetzt max. 140 eigentliche Kraft verliert. Problem dabei, wenn es noch geändert werden muss: Es verpfuscht alle bisherigen Ergebnisse, früher zu Sprinten wirkt sich anders aus, Lutschen wirkt sich anders aus, der ganze Sprint würde einfach anders aussehen & dann haben unsere Testereien keinen Sinn und Buhmann sollte zunächst das ändern.

Handelt es sich dabei aber um Sprintkraft, sieht das natürlich anders aus, man müsste dann aber trotzdem die Sprintkraft an die eigentliche Kraft anlehnen. Z.B. Sprinter mit 1000Kraft geht bei 500m verliert dann wie bisher 140 "richtige" Kraft und 1000Sprintkraft. Problem dabei ist aber, wie man das mit der bisherigen Energie macht: z.b. ne Gruppe vorne mit 3 Leuten: 1. 850 richtige Kraft übrig 2. 800 3. 750. dann müsste der mit 850 kraft ja mehr sprintkraft haben, weil sich der kraftvorteil ja auch auf den Sprint auswirken muss. Hat der mit 850 dann einfach mehr Sprintkraft oder beeinflusst die derzeitige, richtige Kraft die Werte des Fahrers? Der 2te Punkt wäre sinnvoller eigentlich.

Egal nen Statement von Buhmann, besonders zum vorletzten Absatz, wäre wichtig, da die Tests sonst wirklich alle total sinnlos sind.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:23 pm

Das ist so eine Art Sprintkraft. Da wird man am Ende werdender Kraft zurück kriegen so dass der Verbrauch in etwa so wie jetzt ist. Ist nur noch nicht implementiert, aber am Sprint ändert das ja nichts

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Buhmann wrote:Das ist so eine Art Sprintkraft. Da wird man am Ende werdender Kraft zurück kriegen so dass der Verbrauch in etwa so wie jetzt ist. Ist nur noch nicht implementiert, aber am Sprint ändert das ja nichts
Ok und die Kraft vor dem Sprint wirkt sich auf die Sprintkraft aus? oder auf den tatsächlichen Sprintwert?
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:54 pm

question: Does a sprinter loose some of his "sprintpower" when he changes the wheel and has to make some extra meters for that?
if yes: Does this depend on the distance to the guy he wants to follow?

it seems to me that it doesnt cost anything what i dont really understand!
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:10 pm

flockmastoR wrote:question: Does a sprinter loose some of his "sprintpower" when he changes the wheel and has to make some extra meters for that?
if yes: Does this depend on the distance to the guy he wants to follow?

it seems to me that it doesnt cost anything what i dont really understand!
it cost energy, if you try to follow a guy who have some gap in front of yes ;)

CrazyV

Post by CrazyV » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:59 am

i dont like the new sprintsystem