Farmteams and "money making with farming"

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Rockstar Inc

Farmteams and "money making with farming"

Post by Rockstar Inc » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:38 am

Dear Mr. Buhmann, i think i'm not the only one who hates this bullshit. There are a lot of teams who buy every 2,3 month their riders, train them and sell the riders with a big revenue without doing just one race in this time.

Is there a way to stop this crap, are there some ideas from your or the community to prevent this shit?

For example Juggalo-Racing...this SoB bought 9 time trial riders at the 1.7.
in the past few month the same and the same and the same...

another example..JPS...he farmed and sold his riders in the past 6 month and now he got a team with a price of ca. 24 Mio...11 21 years old riders...
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Lizard

Re: Farmteams and "money making with farming"

Post by Lizard » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:09 am

Ideas were already posted ... Lecce suggested to make riders with no races have equal sell value like in the beginning of their career... so if bought for 2.500.000 Credits, will be sold for the same and not more.

For me not dynamic enough. Only the ones without ANY races will be left out here (which would be many, but they will do something against this rule).

My suggestion is different: Riders lose price value each day when the team doesn´t ride a race. So you will automatically be forced to ride at least some races each month to prevent the riders from falling in price. Something like -2% everyday, but with one extra: Teams riding 5 (or 10) races or more per month will not be involved with this rule - means, if you ride less than 5 (or 10) races in a month the riders will automatically start falling in price from the first day. If more races ridden, no prob.
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:14 am

Very easy: You can only sell for the same price you have buyed ... and not for more money ... easy and than its over.

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:20 am

Very good idea :!:

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 am

What about: Cannot buy young riders if you didnt ride 5 races in the previous month (or something like that)
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Quick

Post by Quick » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Actually you buy your rider from the TM(not from the youth tm...but could be changed too) and the next 50 days you get 1% more each day, if you want to sell. Why not make it with races, and only about 30? Farming would be completely over.
J-Czucz hype train

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:59 pm

The 50% doesnt apply in div 5 and 6 at the moment
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:02 pm

bergwerk cycling wrote:Very easy: You can only sell for the same price you have buyed ... and not for more money ... easy and than its over.
Do you see any problems with this? it is a problem, that some teams make money with this? Or would it be a problem, that it wouldn´t possible? Could be a good and simple solution...

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:08 pm

i have no problem with this ... but many others you can read it here or in another thread ... and that is an easy solution for that.

Auf deutsch: Mir ist das völlig Schnuppe, wenn da Leute Spass dran haben sollen sie es machen, solange sie nicht mit 2 oder mehr Teams haben und diese abwechslend benutzen.
Aber mit dieser einfachen Möglichkeit, ist da sofort vorbei.

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Buhmann wrote:
bergwerk cycling wrote:Very easy: You can only sell for the same price you have buyed ... and not for more money ... easy and than its over.
Do you see any problems with this? it is a problem, that some teams make money with this? Or would it be a problem, that it wouldn´t possible? Could be a good and simple solution...
This would make it very unattractive to sell riders while they are still useful for other teams, taking away a major advantage for small teams, the ability to trade riders with limited loss. At least make it 100 % instead of 100 % - Tax.

In my opinion it would be enough to eliminate the bonus for selling young riders. This should limit the profits of farming enough to make it unattractive.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Disadvantage: Doesn't help the small non-farming teams that right now sometimes partly rely on that extra money they get when a leader doesn't train as they had hoped, still can sell him with a little profit. Personally never had a problem with that. But on the other hand I don't really have a problem if they don't get that safety anymore either.

But it makes the boring JPS way impossible, stealing young riders from others and only use them for their own monetary benefit. Good thing.

Generally in favor here.

Don't forget the killing of the 15% youth rule!

And in the long term you might have to think about a bigger Transfermarket change.... but do your design thing first.

Oh, a Buhmann post I don't really get there now... will have to think.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:28 pm

I do not think changing a lot ... I do two new teams, and continue to cultivate young ...
for each team leaving a good ... ok
Allenatore Italia - Manager Dainese OG 10 bronzo TTT
Manager SantiNelli WC 10/10 argento TT
Manager SantiNelli WC 3/11 6/11Oro TT
Allenatore Italia WC 9/11 Oro RR
Non contare mai il numero dei tuoi avversari... affrontali!
Multi hostes, multus honor

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:12 pm

If the selling price stays the same regardless of how good or bad a rider trains, then it rather helps the managers with bad training results because they can simply sell the rider and buy a new one without any financial loss (while for now riders get cheaper while growing older without good training).

I'm favoring this, too.

Luna

Post by Luna » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:22 pm

A good opportunity to try out this foe setting at the control panel. Thanks for the stimulus^^

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:05 pm

yeah the jps way sucks! so any changes done or just talking here (think the second one)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points