Pavé and hill/mountain balance

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Pokemon Club

Re: Pavé and hill/mountain balance

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:06 pm

For me the balance in short race doesn't looks bad. We can discuss a lot, have differents opinions but we can't have certitude before we test it in a real race.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:22 pm

So what's the problem you're trying to fix exactly? How is the new balance supposed to look?
Because unless you tell us, we don't really know what "expected" means.

Anyway, I can tell you that now on a 9***** Anton Hasler with 38 mountain and 84 pavé is not siebed by Leonardo Alighieri with 68 mountain and 76 pavé. IF that' expected or not... see above.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Tried with Poké today, Jiri put 4 sec on Kaga and 5 on Laszlo, while Ongais can follow Jiri on the 9% 5*, that's look nice, but it's without fighting, with a fight, everyone under 5/6 sec in a fight off drop could stay in with fight on I think

Sprint balance isn't ok, I tried a 350m sprint with Jiri in front of Ongais, both started a 350 and Ongais move to the right, take nothing until 250m so I tried 50m in the drag of Jiri, then go right again, and Danny could completely overtake Jiri in 100 meters (50m in the drag gives to Danny 70 energy more than Jiri!)

Drag helps a lot in the sprint, especially with 750+ energy (too much IMO)

EDIT : And PLEASE : can you avoid to put all riders who follow anybody in one line, just put all of them in differents lines, like in real while they look to each other, otherwise the 10th of the line is already out for the win in a big escape for instance...
Last edited by sylvainmeteo on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:41 pm

sylvainmeteo wrote:EDIT : And PLEASE : can you avoid to put all riders who follow anybody in one line, just put all of them in differents lines, like in real while they look to each other, otherwise the 10th of the line is already out for the win in a big escape for instance...

Not the good topic !! ^^

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Robyklebt wrote:So what's the problem you're trying to fix exactly? How is the new balance supposed to look?
Because unless you tell us, we don't really know what "expected" means..
Main changes are the bugs regarding weak riders (or/and rider with low energy) on hard km. I think this should be your "issue 2". So i think "balance update" how i called this as the wrong explanation. It is mainly a bug fix.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:32 am

Buhmann wrote:
Robyklebt wrote:So what's the problem you're trying to fix exactly? How is the new balance supposed to look?
Because unless you tell us, we don't really know what "expected" means..
Main changes are the bugs regarding weak riders (or/and rider with low energy) on hard km. I think this should be your "issue 2". So i think "balance update" how i called this as the wrong explanation. It is mainly a bug fix.

Then what exactly were the shortrace tests for? Because you hardly get a rider under a certain low energy level on 11 km...
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:26 pm

in my opinion the downhill-pave siebs are not okay in the short-race.

a strong paverider without downhillskills (poke was riding with 82,2 pave and 84 flat + 53 downhill) was able to sieb peeter kümmel with 87 flat, 77 downhill and 76,8 pave at -4 with 5 pave.

okay, its 5,4 more pave, but 24 less downhill and even 3 less flat.

but i am not the mastermind at pave, if the rest think it is okay, it´s okay for me.
RV Allagen. Qualität seit 2006. Erfolg seit 2006.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:26 am

team fl wrote:
Buhmann wrote:
Because unless you tell us, we don't really know what "that p posedmeans..

Then what exactly were the shortrace tests for? Because you hardly get a rider under a certain low energy level on 11 km...
1. The effect of Riders with low energy is the same like riders with very low pave skills
2. That is the main reason: I want to test if there are some sideeffects because of the improvements. Because i had to touch many things in the code because of refactoring. So i just wanted to be sure that the races woll run without new bugs when I integrate the update for the real races.

luques

Post by luques » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:10 pm

Buhmann wrote:
team fl wrote:
Buhmann wrote:
Because unless you tell us, we don't really know what "that p posedmeans..

1. The effect of Riders with low energy is the same like riders with very low pave skills
2. That is the main reason: I want to test if there are some sideeffects because of the improvements. Because i had to touch many things in the code because of refactoring. So i just wanted to be sure that the races woll run without new bugs when I integrate the update for the real races.
On Monday there is a Pavè race. If you have time to put all up this weekend, we can try and test it in a real race

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Are you implant it already Buh ? Because hilly km looked weird today during Romandie, more it is hilly less we gain time. For example a 50-80 in the peloton far fresher than a 41-80 in the escape gain only 3 sec on 11% (not a lot but well...), 5 on 6% 2-3 km later and 8-9 sec on 3% just later.