Free rider market

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Radunion

Free rider market

Post by Radunion » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:34 pm

The plan to make auctions for young riders is the first try to impliment a form of free market. I think a carefully introduced system could make the rider market much more realistic, and keeping the differences between the teams low (main advantage of the current system).

Currently sucessful riders are seldom change the team (due to the high tax for selling riders), while weaker riders, and riders above 30 are sold at prices nobody is willing to pay. To change this I suggest that the value of riders is not set by the game, but by the forces of the marktet. This should not just be valid for buying riders, also for selling riders. You could just sell riders if sombody will buy them. When riders change only a small tax (5 - 10 %) must be payed. All riders are offered in the same way the auctions for young riders, but I can set the minimum price for the rider. After the price is reached the rider stays on the transfer market.

To prevent teams to become very rich the money earned in races is taxed. You still can become rich, but you will loose your wealth if you ride with an expensive team.

Also the wages should not be fixed. They should depend on the purchase price. If I buy a rider at 150 % of its "official value" I have to pay a higher wage (e.g. 125 % of the wage). The same is valid if I buy a rider at a lower price. A minimum vage should still exist. If the wage of one of my riders is to high I can sell him and by him back at a lower price (I will not earn monney, as I just get the price I pay), but risk that somebody else is offering a higer price.

I am not sure if such a system could work, but I am interested what you think about it.

I think that most teams will still buy young riders and give them their names and keep the riders. But now there is no real alternative to this strategy. We all are forced to follow this strategy. The game would be very interesting if team had more different possibilities to develop the team.

Pirkio

Re: Free rider market

Post by Pirkio » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:29 pm

why? for give player chances for sell all and buy free riders? :geek:
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!