Spring classics 2015

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

Robyklebt

Spring classics 2015

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:57 am

Starts today!
Donkey plans to win all of them of course, starting today with Omloop Het something.

The great Donkey team

Borthwick
Generalic
MacBradaigh
Matuska
Poggi
Saddler
Toblerino
Umesao
Vargas

Ok ok, not really sure who should win, guess Generalic after all the best chance? But no mountain... so maybe Saddler.. no sprint, no flat... maybe one of the 60-80? 70 pavé. Ah, Umesao maybe, 54 sprint 76 pavé, didn't know he was that good!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

sylvainmeteo

Re: Spring classics 2015

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:25 pm

1st sprint classic win for the team, and the first Omloop in team history, nice work from Kankovsky :)
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Spring classic not sprint classic!!!!!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Second place for Momoi Satsuki for Omloop, she underestimate too much Nguimgo of Falkenbier and his sprintskill and his level of enery.
Second place for Oka Chinami during the sprint for KBK in the first peloton, she couldn't do it better Harting (BayernPower).
The spring season doesn't start so badly, let's hope we can win strade bianche at least.

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:17 am

MSR waits on Sunday! What a great race. And I already have a tactic thanks to the Donkey (who suggested it )and Mr. Ticos (who invented it): Having Federspiel AND Peterlin in the line-up and go for the early escape group while after 3/4 of the race stop cooperation in front by saying that I have two winning riders in the back. Perfectly perfect.

Besides those two riders (if any of them), most probably also Bogdanic, Kilfeather, Bratoev, Hrast and Petrakis will join the team. Rest is still open, although the best cuban export since cigarres and rum, Robertlandy Simon, has good chances to be able ride on the Via Roma too.

Time will be in the evening, most probably. During the day, little FL and little FL II claimed to be more important... pfff... but female FL convinced me with special offers (after she saw me dancing naked). :o 8-)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:53 am

team fl wrote:MSR waits on Sunday! What a great race. And I already have a tactic thanks to the Donkey (who suggested it )and Mr. Ticos (who invented it): Having Federspiel AND Peterlin in the line-up and go for the early escape group while after 3/4 of the race stop cooperation in front by saying that I have two winning riders in the back. Perfectly perfect.

Besides those two riders (if any of them), most probably also Bogdanic, Kilfeather, Bratoev, Hrast and Petrakis will join the team. Rest is still open, although the best cuban export since cigarres and rum, Robertlandy Simon, has good chances to be able ride on the Via Roma too.

Time will be in the evening, most probably. During the day, little FL and little FL II claimed to be more important... pfff... but female FL convinced me with special offers (after she saw me dancing naked). :o 8-)
What offers? to bring Little FL III on the way? :D
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Rexona

Post by Rexona » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:28 am

Rexon will start 10h at MSR .....last year the Team around the Leader Reynolds did a good job and he got a podiums-place...we also hope for podium this year lets see;)...Rexon will start with a classicsprinter-team....

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Gidis comes up short for victory at MSR, I never did better than 14th here...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:29 pm

Milano-Sanremo!

1 J. Ghazali the clear and only leader. Borthwick, Gaouaoui, Generalic, Poggi, Toblerino, Toblerone, Umesao and Vargas all there to help him. Doesn't really look like and easy race, but then no donkey ever expected one.

luques

Post by luques » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:42 pm

Luques goes to MSR, quite uncertain till the end, then inscribed let's see if will be there till the finish.
First big decision not taking here Knyazev, but as the race looked too much hard and his form is not at his best opted for another plan. Not many chances in a MS, we hope in a chaotic race.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:52 pm

And Ghazali does it 8-)
Cool, but stupid race. Nothing happens. Finally an attack, Rasta and then Lenny chasing. Then Freude goes, Freude the only one that really tried it by attacking.. Good first attack to make people in the back work, Oxfam did, he had a safe sprinter, meaning that would be in front, plus lots of flat, meaning he probably would be the strongest at the end. IMO he was too actually. Cipressa, sieb, but not very strong, almost all sprinters except Jamaluddin still there, not ideal at all I thought, but actually it was. All dropped, everybody chasing, higher pace. Like this? For some reason Oxfam got no help at all in trying to keep me away. So thanks to Toblerone in the rest of the Cipressa, Toblerino in the downhill, then Borthwick and some Vargas in the flat we came back much more easily than we thought possible, actually we didn't really expect to come back, despite 8x Form 100 and 6 guys kind of fit thanks to the oh so great helper changing game. Didn't even have to use the fittest guy, Umesao. And back from 12" in no time at all really. Then the Poggio, only 3 guys escape, Freude again, good race by him, followed by OL, 8" on top, got back 1" per km in the downhill, then with mass 2" on -1 and 3" on the flat.
Sprint then, complete Chaos... everybody who wants to get pissed off at the stupidity of the system look what happens to Bakary Senghor too.... leaves his wheel (ok, maybe he changed who he was following?) then is kicked in the barriers and back because he's 1 pixel or so behind the guy who wants to take his lane.... Anyway, somehow Jamaluddin won that sprint, complete chaos sprint. Jamaluddin had guts though, not afraid to try despite having Ezquerra in his wheel, jumps his way further up, losing energy of course, then sprinting at 150. Lucky that Ezquerro did too, otherwise he'd won.

Season saved, 2015 already a success, another monument for monumental donkey. Even Milano Sanremo, the one he declared to be the most fun in c4f. Wasn't the case this year though. As I said, pretty weak edition. Freude&Ox showed interest in winning, nobody else. Ok, the Donkeys after the Cipressa.

Rexona

Post by Rexona » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:02 pm

After a first warmup at DVV where josip did a 4th place after a really hard race, team rexon and especially Josip Broz look forward to the next belgian classics E3 and GW.....

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:48 am

E3 next. Never won by the Donkeys (or Klebts or Apes).... doesn't look like it will happen this year either at first glance. But never underestimated the great donkeys!

Leader: ?
Ok, that's the first problem, we don't know who our leader should be. While we are not completely sure yet on how the pavé reform of 14 changes things, we realized that on mountain/pavé km all our leaders are regularly dropped. They would have been dropped a year ago too actually, so no change maybe:) But leader should be Saddler, Generalic, Teppei...With Oton there for a sprint? Not too confident, but we'll have time to think it over until 9...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:55 am

Tempted to go for Dahlerup as leader now, it's longer than we thought from the last anti Dahlerup km to the goal..... Go Preben! But still time to think this newest idea over.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:49 am

Ok, all done,
1 Oton Generalic, the great team leader for E3! Borthwick, Cayetano, Dahlerup, Gaouaoui, Saddler, Toblerino, Umesao and Vargas will have to bring him back to the front if he's ever dropped.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:00 pm

Ok, Generalic not the ideal leader it seems... Dropped only once though, just never came back. Nobody in the first group, Teppei was brought back a few times, but couldn't come back the last time...
So best Donkey Saddler, who attacked in an action to have less leaders to load... caught back after the last Hellingen, Tiegemberg, so managed to stay in the group and finish 17th....

Osvaldo won, in a race that was decided by attacks after Tiegemberg. Mosca with a strong train, still fresh, so got no help, attacks got away, big group sprinting and Osvaldo winning finally.

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 pm

Omloop : win (Kankovsky)
KBK : 2nd
Dwars : win (Zalagkitis)
E3 : win (Zalagkitis)
GW : no race (internet was down)

Very good flemish campaign until now, hope to do a good RVV to finish that well

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Gent-Wevelgem was fun, but not successful, riding for Topal (Jamaluddin would have made more sense) in the end only 7" behind the first group. But, would have been easy for that group to go faster, had lots of reserves. Maybe with the faster Jamaluddin could have worked? Anyway, nice race I thought. But tomorrow back to the hilly stuff with pavé....Second edition of the game: "donkeys and apes being dropped". Teamleader Saddler, then Teppei, then Generalic. And general lack of ideas on how to get a win, or even a halfway decent result... By now we know that everybody, including Pavémaster Flash will be dropped on those damn hills. Maybe Vargas should be leader? Yeah, Vargas new leader no 4, actually just advanced to no 3 now, Generalic 4!

The team in detail

1: K. Borthwick: Pure helper, maybe can do a pavésieb against weaklings?
2: S. Cayetano: Pure helper. Loading and riding to bring back leaders if dropped.
3: L. Gaouaoui: Pure helper, can try to get back after being dropped by Borthwick pavésiebs.
4: O. Generalic: Leader no 4, might change during the race
5: C. Matuska: Pure helper, maybe could do some siebs against Generalic. Otherwise can stay there longer with his mountain skill, even when helping should not be dropped at the first 7
6: S. Saddler: The great leader. Will be loaded
7: R. Tobler: Helper no 5, he'll join the helping later maybe. Will be in charge of taking photographs of our leaders during the race early on.
8: T. Umesao: Leader no 2, will be loaded.
9: M. Vargas: New leader no 2, the guy gets better and better, started as helper, already no 2, might be no 1 tomorrow.

Actually feel much more confident already! Viva Vargas! And there is training tonight, Saddler-Umesao-Generalic all want to gain some more pavé!

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Great Georgios ! RVV for him, yihaa

I actually didn't win KBK in all flemish classics or semi classics I rode... (no racing at GW), all the rest are mine :)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:23 pm

24th place for Saddler, worst monument performance of all times. The donkey risks losing his job after just a year in charge it seems. Actually I didn't even ride badly, at least don't think. Just no team at all for that. Only real BIG mistake that Vargas didn't have fighting on and then was dropped early, while probably there he shoudl have stayed. He most likely could have reached a place in the top 20, but dropped too early, so. But ok, he wasn't going to win either. Tried some attacks, didn't work, was likely anyway. Rest of the race quite fun, but then had my sister on skype and didn't really manage to follow the end too closely, but Saddler was gone by then anyway. Win by Martinez of Tulpe finally, he and Dead and Alive controlled the race once it needed controlling. For a long time nothing happened at all, so wasn't too exciting. End then looked interesting, if you had a rider there and actually followed it closely.
Next on Schelde and then PR!

Bear

Post by Bear » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:40 pm

No no. Looks like your sister called much earlier.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:20 am

Mmh, sounds true, called a bit earlier. Which didn't change anything either :cry:

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:53 am

What race did I control?
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:28 am

flockmastoR wrote:What race did I control?
More than you thought apparently ;) Now I finally know, why my plan didn't work out. Can I ask for a penalty for an offline-controlled race?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:09 am

Dirtshark, Dead and Alive, same thing I thought, if you meet a shark after all you're still alive, but almost dead too.