Tirreno-Adriatico 16h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

Robyklebt

Re: Tirreno-Adriatico 16h

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:19 pm

YES. MISTAKE :D
And since I rode perfectly you'll have to drop all your riders tomorrow at km 1. :lol:

IMO better to drop Gadret.. .not only for the descent, for the climb more important at 4-5 he would have been faster than DePedis... you would have been much closer then.1' something on top? With Gadret it's much less. Drop him because I think he wasn't fit anyway... or was he? Was sure he wasn't after yesterday, but maybe wrong. If fit, leave him in front, of course, other stage possible, or at least everybody afraid of you.. .but still think wasn't fit, couldn't follow my attack after 3 km tempo... 4 with the sieb... so just to be sure I probably would have dropped him in your place. But in the end irrelevant I think, you still have over a 1' over Mattarozzi. Tomorrow not easy again... and there a fit Gadret will help, by helping today maybe tomorrow not fit.. don't know.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

superemre

Post by superemre » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
And since I rode perfectly you'll have to drop all your riders tomorrow at km 1. :lol:
but LOL :lol:
”This land is unlike any other place. Sardinia is another thing: enchanting space and distance to travel around, nothing done, nothing definitive. It's like freedom itself ". (D.H.Lawrence, 1921)
BIKE AUSTIS

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Ok, maybe I didn't ride perfectly, just some small mistakes occasionnally in one stage or the other, details.. .no problem. But you still can drop all of your riders if you really want to!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:14 pm

So the Wizard won again with EM! Really like this. Szolem for president. Going for the podium now. Just bad i didnt drop Gauß yesterday and just ride for Szolem with Gröbner. Would have made real sense i just realised now. + Gauß, Gröbner and Szolem would have all been fit today, + would have had real chances to win the stage yesterday too, hm. White out of range now but okay lets see whats possible tomorrow with Szolem and Gauß. Gauß also fighting for the sprint jersey, much better than this white. Dont know if he has chances tomorrow, profile says yes but Gaurains classics with lots of flat so i am pessimistic to follow them on some km, but no 0 tomorrow and no steep downhill km in the final. Will be another interessting stage tomorrow.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:27 pm

True... would have made sense now that you mention it. Or just riding for Szolem from the start actually :twisted:
But then not sure you win today.... then Dante wouldn't have worked more than Szolem today. so either Lavella gets it or a sprint at 3... much nicer if you work for your star yesterday, grrr.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:36 pm

yeah of course it would have been harder today for him. But still he would have been behind Dante with the remaining TT. It wasnt planned that Szolem follows Spiroux. so had to re-establish the original plan (not much time to really think about it)
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:49 pm

50 vs 49? No chance that I ride more in the last climb... :) it's 3" over 10km, and I did a km for a sieb, less help, less downhill, na na, either you would have worked the same amount as Dante in the last climb today, or nothing!

anyway, no need to argue about it really, since it didn't happen. Kind of happy you won and not Lavella though, even though I didn't like the dropping of Dante at all... grrr.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:57 pm

okay fahrny is the guy with more tt, mess up everything now :lol:
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Uff... 3" for 1 day leader jersey, would have been nice...
But was already lucky it went like that... if Gaurain had had a sitter for the start, very likely I wouldn't have been this close. Dead team, Mattarozzi 1000, second best Todea at 805 or something.. couldn't do anything anyway... the fight against Lavella yesterday was expensive. Ok, the important guys, Todea-Wei-Alighieri would have been dead anyway.. .but Leibundgut and Haryono probably not. resp. Wei fit, Leibundgut dead would have changed the 2 very likely yesterday. So... early lavellism againg today, he went, to save the red, rode in the back, in front, in the back whatever, ok, he wasn't let in front, so today some backriding was even ok... then went with his dead 79 followed by my dead 87... who attacked, trying to get red myself now, didn't do it, no problem, but what I knew was that lavella wasn't going to get it today. He had it yesterday if he wanted, ride like an idiot, ok, you're not going to get it today. That was sure. (unless he gets it with Leonard, but that's a detail) Then, calmed down, the group went, ok with me. Was fairly sure would be taken back. In retrospect should have followed, Wei or Alighieri with 600-700 there.. but thought would be taken back faster, Gaurain or a sitter on earlier. Hard hard chase for Austis, he did well, then finally Gaurain shows up... sieb on the second last hill.. cover a possible attack nr 1, nr 2 let the Austis work a little already... Gaurain goes, carries me longer than I thought.. attacks only 2 km before the next climb, IMO a "mistake"... Mathe should have covered at least from that km on. was riding for Gauss so put in Szolem. Ok, I could have done the same, but not really my job to ride for Mathes stage win. The GC win simply wasn't possible there anymore I think, if Mathe wants the win, his job... ok, last km would have gone in.. .In retrospect should have followed Gaiolle of course, think that would have been possible actually. But didn't thnk that far... so Austis comes back after the attack, then next sieb, in the end carried by Gauss in the second group 3" missing.. bah, would have been nice one day.. but ok. Too many small mistakes during the tour.. and one big one, first stage, but well... if I ride there, then more people ride for GC. finally it was only me after all it seems. Austis of course.... So I "won" the GC behind Austis, easily actually... but mostly because nobody else was anymore... no Austis threat and I'm not gauranteed to beat the others at all.. Good good defence by Austis anyway, fought and won. Unless his computer crashes.. hehe! Or I manage to crack his password, will now spend the next 20 hours trying to do that. 8-)

superemre

Post by superemre » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:08 pm

5 stage.
  • 1 Szolem Mandelbrojt (Equipe Mathematique)
    2.Kili Leonard (Club Lavella) a 3sec
    3.Dante Mattarozzi (Petit Singe) a8sec
C.G
1 Pierrick De Shoef ( Bike Austis)
2 Dante Mattarozzi (Petit Singe) a 43sec
3 Clemens Hollstein ( Montezuma) a 3min 45sec
”This land is unlike any other place. Sardinia is another thing: enchanting space and distance to travel around, nothing done, nothing definitive. It's like freedom itself ". (D.H.Lawrence, 1921)
BIKE AUSTIS

superemre

Post by superemre » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:10 pm

6 stage.

1 Lionel Maréchal (Gaurain Rx)
2.Carl Gauß (Equipe Mathematique) a 21sec
3.Szolem Mandelbrojt (Equipe Mathematique) a 21sec

C.G
1 Pierrick De Shoef ( Bike Austis)
2 Dante Mattarozzi (Petit Singe) a 3sec
3 Szolem Mandelbrojt (Equipe Mathematique) a 24sec
BIKE AUSTIS

superemre

Post by superemre » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Unless his computer crashes.. hehe

:o :o :o :o
BIKE AUSTIS

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Or I manage to crack his password, will now spend the next 20 hours trying to do that. 8-)
:lol: It seems you managed to crash the whole RSF site

hm cover it, cover it not. If you cover it you at least get yellow for one day maybe, if i cover it with Mandelbrojt chances for the win still there, chances for everybody that stays in front more or less. Wasnt really optimistic against Gaurain, really wanted to hang on Gaiolle, but ended up in forgetting it :D, but still no problem with Gaurain winning this. If i am hanging i dont know if i beat him in the end, 6,8 i dont distance his fit one and not able to get rid of him, we would just leave me behind on the final +3. But who cares now. Gauß in green + some money in the end of the tour. Oh and Mandel on the podium, not expected at all
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Ok, need to improve my hacking skills it seems:)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:49 am

Due to a strike of the Italian timekeepers the last stage was started 10 hours later than planned. And obviously finished, although we feared that it would take Haryono and Leibundgut until now to finish even if the start wasn't delayed. Thanks to the work of 2 volunteer time keepers who drove all the way from ugly Germany, Herne to be precise, to San Benedetto del Tronto, shortly before 2 am the race could finally start. The result was the expected one, Pierrick DeShroef won Tirreno Adriatico, 25" ahead of Dante Mattarozzi.

Congrats to Austis, cool win. Great work on the last stages to defend blue (it was blue, but some saboteurs kept throwing yellow stuff over the rider with the blue jersey, so it looked yellow).

Interesting tour, quite a special group in a way, very attacking, too attacking for my taste finally :D But 7 different teams won the 7 stages, (and none called Petit Singe, grr), mountain classification was won with 10 points, green was won with 44. Very competitive tour finally, liked it. Ok, not the result.

Apenews, not much, half the team still dead. "Lost" the tour on the second day... too scared of ornyorny, remembered he wasn't offline often, just a few seconds every 20-30 minutes, but didn't ermember he was off on the weekend. Probably was like that before too, think he was off some full days in Yemen as well, but didn't remember it was the week ends... so too scared of him, respectively didn't want to kill my team, and I had one, for him, who didn't have anything resembling a team.. .Big error of course.. .plus I underestimated DeShroef anyway... Should just have started quite early, fairly sure some of the stage favorites would then have joined... but ok, did it like this, ok too.
Then Chieti, completely overestimated the strength of my 2 climbers... the Gaurain group passes over Lanciano with 1'10"? Shockingly small gap, 1'30" don't remember, was sure would be 2+"... Suspected I would be caught again at some point, but never thought it would be that soon.... saved the day finally, 4th, 2'30" won to DeShroef.. ok, thought a bit more too.
Prati di Tivo then worked well... mistakes though, Austis too... let's start with mine, then we finish with criticism for him, keep the fun stuff for later.... wrong reaction after completely idiotic lavella riding... no need to kill Haryono and Leibundgut, really hurt me the next day, but the way he rode was just too stupid to let him go on escapes again, and to just let him join the peloton again. Brrr. His way of riding just hurt himself, he basically killed his chances for red instead of taking the one he had... but same with my reaction, killed my chances instead of playing with the ones I had.
Next let's go for an austis error, Gadret stays in front. Drop him, let him ride the 4-5 to Pian del Roseto, and it's already less lost. Downhill, again, he's stronger than Kashanov on the steep parts. flatter parts Kashanov. There his second error, he used DeShroef already, noticed it, but made my next error anyway... There Austis shouldn't ride yet with his leader, 66 mountain. Flat costs energy, and the missing energy will make you lose more than the 5" seconds you gained there. My mistake then... not going 100% for the GC, 3 km tempo, then attack, here not completely wrong I still think... without the attack the group was still too big, cooperation was unlikely. So attack, smaller group, cooperation. With that finally I'm not much slower than if I ride alone, plus if others attack me then, I lose less then if I ride alone, and then tehy attack... a Mandelbrot wasn't that far away yet... But then the second attack, stupid, there I eyed the stage win, shouldn't, Mandel goes out, shouldn't have cared, keep riding, cost me some seconds... Without both attacks actually maybe I would be very very close to blue/yellow.. .but then I risk more from Mandelbrot as well, in the end he is just 19" behind me.., he would be closer as well... so ok, all in all my best stage this time around. Offida, no power almost, not much to do, finally went ok, can't complain. TT once the time keepers problem was solved ok as well, even if Todea 23rd doesn't make me too happy. Finally second, ok. No guarantee I do better if I don't let the group in the second stage go, I was the only one really still riding for GC after that besides Austis of course, so was "easy" to "win" in the back. IMO both Mathe and Gaurain could have tried to mount a bigger challenge, they chose the stages instead, ok too of course.

Shit, it's DeSchoef not Shroef as I wrote the whole time.. sorry sorry... but not going to change it all.

Anyway, since by now we are convinced that in Sardegna there are good "health products", Austis calls them wine, we suspect their might be other even "healthier" things around Dante and Yesid will go to Sardegna for a training camp with our team doctor Zhang Ming immediately. In order no too support the Sardegnan economy too much, after all we don't want more opponents from there, since we always lose against them, we'll bring our own food and stay in the cheapest hotel we can find, originally we wanted to have the 3 stay in one tent, but Epeho told us that this very likely wouldn't improve their training perfomances, so we payed for a cheap hotel after all. For the 2 riders, the doctor can sleep in a park, no problem. And since his wife Ma Nan will stay here he probably won't mind either.

Test for the Giro finally ok, TTT was good we thought, Wei's chances for a Giro participation increased, and we think a third +/-60 guy would not hurt either, we'll see if we find one. Todea basically uneffective, but helpful on the way to Prati di Tivo, Alighieri the usual waste of space, but in the Giro with more flat sprints he could bring some money. Olteanu and Gong did good work, Wei excellent the 2 times he had too. Still not a dream team, but workable. And if the Sardegnan Health products work, we are even kind of optimistic for the Giro!

Ah, nice to see Toreeto in the race, new Romanian manager, active in the race, in the chat and in the forum. Excellent, we need more people llike you here! And you rode well enough for a first tour! Keep it up!

superemre

Post by superemre » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Last edited by superemre on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIKE AUSTIS

Bear

Post by Bear » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:45 pm

For me, this was the first important event after my comeback. The profiles were very nice, open for lots of action. And I think our group was very active in this case. escapes on every stage, big groups, small groups. early attacking groups or a group formed later in the race. It was very exciting. Thanks to the group, or XX% of the group which was active in the race and the chat, I had a lot of fun.

With my team I had not a real chance for a stage win or the GC. Stage win actually was not that far away. But I didn't ride perfect. Chieti stage I might worked too much to come back to Fahrny, Dante and Gadret. But the others were not doing anything after toreeto's tempo. And I thought it would be better to be around the climbers, Gaurain was very strong with his classic guys. On the last kms I worked a lot again.maybe too much, but i thought my chances against Gadret were a bit better. The problem was that i didn't really know how much energy Gadret would have. Too lazy to calculate in this situation.

Now I'm looking forward to more nice one day and stage races. Unfortunately, the Giro is not possible for me.

superemre

Post by superemre » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Bear wrote: Too lazy to calculate in this situation.
:lol:
Unfortunately, the Giro is not possible for me.
Why? nothing is impossible!

btw, beautiful summary Bear ;)
BIKE AUSTIS

Bear

Post by Bear » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:06 pm

This year the Giro is impossible, 100%. On the one hand it's my work. And on the other hand, I will be in Trento for one week for holidays. So I have no time to play rsf.