Afternoon Giro 2011!

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

Robyklebt

Re: Afternoon Giro 2011!

Post by Robyklebt » Thu May 12, 2011 1:27 pm

7** Fahrny you mean?

This?
then ride with Qian, at the mountain gain time with Fahrny, that dropped Heuser from Mathe, not perfect, but well.
Gain time on those in the back. Simple. Heuser dropped... didn't know he would be dropped. Or if dropped, then not far behind Qian... was further back then. And if Heuser is there, yes, we can ride together til the 6-5-3... Respectively you ride more... I cover if the classics go:) Or if Heuser attacks with everybody on his wheel I swear... ok, maybe ride together, you win, get 1'20 or so to the 88, I arrive 5th or so, gain 50" or so. WEll, in the end with Heuser there I probably would have demanded that you ride the 6 with Schrödinger, maximize my time gain on the 88 further. Otherwise no Qian, who maximizes your time gain too.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Thu May 12, 2011 1:32 pm

yeah fahrny of course, but when i am in the group with a really fit Möbius and Laplace i tought we would be much faster to let those ride
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu May 12, 2011 1:43 pm

I didn't know who was fit who not... how am I supposed to know.... plus basically it was fucked up earlier, at the 3**.. and if I do the sieb there probably Möbius is gone... dropped at the 8 I guess, then the climbers siebed at 3**, then if Möbius is behind Haryono, or behind even one more climber no interest to wait for him. That's why I didn't keep Bakhtiyar fit, but Haryono and Qian. Plus Urganov kind of and of course Fahrny. And again, while the connection at times was good enough too see a lot, at times it wasn't... so even when I saw stuff, didn't fully feel the race, always asking myself if I would see the next km, if it would put rider a in or not (took me a few km to take out Fahrny as well I think after his sieb) so wasn't 100% "there". Couldn't see stuff I usually see, like Möbius must be top fit and so on.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu May 12, 2011 5:29 pm

Horrible today, horrible, no Apecomment possible... Loser of the day, Ape and Wizard, even more than Girard.

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Thu May 12, 2011 5:45 pm

Can we stop the giro now? ;) yeah, 3 jerseys, 1 stage, damn, i like the giro ;)
RV Allagen. Qualität seit 2006. Erfolg seit 2006.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri May 13, 2011 8:12 pm

ERWIN SCHRÖDINGER lalalalala

endlich, after 3 4th places the first win wuhuuuuu!
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun May 15, 2011 5:05 pm

I like this GIRO more and more. 3stages in a row and maglia rosa!

I like
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun May 15, 2011 5:07 pm

I don't... nothing to do.

BW doesn't let me attack, I see every 2-3 Km in the final climb.. (always happy if there is a general problem, then nobody sees it :D ) and can't see a Giro stream either... bah. And tomorrow not even a stage, bah.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon May 16, 2011 8:29 am

I see, my Sitters did well, and the mathematician even more! GW for that! Schrödinger at its best :)

So, from today on it goes downwards again, because Team FL is back. damn... At least today, no mistake is possible.

Hope you had a great week-end too.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon May 16, 2011 9:04 am

First rest day, and have the race and the ape are certainly not on the same page. Not even in the same book. I'm completely blocked out for the moment, nothing really works.... Positive the TTT. That's about it really. For the rest? Ok, NoPikouze sitting, nothing to complain there. Otherwise, nothing really. Strade Bianche finally a failure, ok partly blame the connection. The rest? The same, a failure. The escapes, either I come too late, or then I end up back in the peloton sooner or later. One escape that could definetly have gone through, Haryono in, smoking, when I'm back I'm dropped, for absolutely nothing actually, after having killed Todea for well, yeah, nothing. Other try with Haryono yesterday, but Wizard there too, BW doesn't like it, me there probably not either, so understandeble that he gets us back.. So, well, escapes don't work. The rest, not either, Qian nicely misses the attacks early, that even on purpose to have him in the back, just in case there is an opening... if there was one I didn't see it, and missed the attack on Montevergine too, nice. Fahrny and Urganov basically do nothing at all for the moment. They really can't, yes, they could do some "cult" attacks like Nipp is specializing in right now, but what for... So wait. Plus my connection sucks, sometimes worse, sometimes better... anyway, yesterday I saw little of the climbs, both of them... used to it by now, even if I wanted to try something, I simply couldn't... maybe fortunate I can, yesterday I would very likely have attacked with Qian + Fahrny or Urganov in the first Etna when the peloton was waiting for the 60 climbers.... wouldn't have gone anywhere, so good my connection sucks. Always happy when it sucks more, then usually it sucks for everybody :lol: So if I don't see 4 km, I probably know that nobody sees anything... Every 2-3 km was my standard in the last climb yesterday.. But even a good connection wouldn't change much, ok Montevergine I wouldn't have attacked with Qian in the middle of nowhere likely, but otherwise.. .the race is just fairly blocked, as could actually be expected. It starts later this week really. But even then blockage isn't unlikely. We'll see. Well, depending on the connection :lol:

General situation

GC: Right now for me Dodo the overwhelming favorite. Looked more open at the start, right now it looks like 2 weeks of routine, bringing the win home for BW. Unless he wants to much. But basically he is in complete control. He's basically virtually in rosa already. Another advantage, it's only virtually, so he can expect help too, from the real rosa. And then he has the strongest team in the high mountains, and one of the strongest climbers too. He can concentrate on controlling already basically.

Of course he still has adversaries that he has to control

Girard and Schrödinger right now the most dangerous. Girard will lose time in the TT in Milano (and Nevegal too) but so far is still there. One inatttention and he can turn the situation around. Schrödinger the same, he still has a few days where he can possibly gain time though, good reg, good team. But he needs to gain more time than Girard actually, because he'll likely lose more too in the TTs and Zoncolan, Gardeccia. But having different strengths he has the potential to win more on other days.

That's the 2 main adversaries.

Agger? Loser, biggest loser of the first 9 days IMO. Not so much resultwise, but the racing level. Biggest concern, Demuth missing full stages and 3/4 of other ones, that just won't do in the next 2 weeks. Unless he manages to be on more regularly, he will have big problems even ending on the podium. Plus he's already almost 30" behind Erdemann. Which he shouldn't have been at this point.

Then: The rest by know seem to be complete outsiders

Corvia, thanks to the TT and mountain skill is predestined to slowly slide down the GC. Fahrny because of the reg and mountain skill similar. That doesn't mean they are 100% out, a lucky punch somewhere... but it seems unlikely. Sveringsons problem is more the manager maybe. Focus on white, which is ok, and probably right, Fahrny might after all do that to soon if his manager realizes that nothing goes.. .might take a few more days... Sveringson seems there, a rather defensive race, hoping to gain the necessary seconds vs Fahrny-Nipp-Bellinckx. So for the GC fairly out. Mastrangelo has his reg problem and isolated, like Sveringson too btw. Eickendreyer-Stockdale.. Stockdale is losing time regularly right now, Eickendreyer 40" or so behind Erdemann. Difficult too. Especially since BW seems to be very focused on them. Almost too much it seems. They still can become dangerous, yes, but it almost needs 2 succesful time gains now, not one. In that respect BW is almost playing a dangerous game, by blocking Wizard completely out he might force him to just go crazy and risk all for nothing .nothing 99%, all 1%, but in a situation like this it could happen that the loser at the end is BW, you don't give me any freedom, now I don't care if Schrödinger is on my wheel and gains 1'... I need to get you out of your control mode, make you attack, open the race, otherwise I have no chance. At least that's what the ape would do if he had any reg sooner or later. Get another virtual rosa, one that can't concentrate on poor little Wizard with his 85-84 combi, but has to defend from BW, 88-86-81... Forgot anybody? Anyway, right now it looks to be ERDEMANN with Girard and Schrödinger the main challengers. They share 90% of the chances IMO, with BW having 50% or even more.

Mountain: Schrödinger right now, but the favorite now Mastrangelo. He with his reg really could have problems to go for the GC, it's stages and green. Schrödinger has to go for rosa and red now. Spiroux and an Allagencombi the challengers from the non-climbers for the moment, maybe some more will be added later, a Schmalzbrot or so, who knows. Or Erdemann/Girard depending on how many points they automatically. OR Agger if he concentrates on it.

Points: Putz, Schrödinger, Pandev right now, favorite IMO 1 Putz, 2 Pandev. Schrödinger wil get some points in the mountain arrivals, yes, but normally Pandev-PUtz should just get more in the other stages. Plus as long as Schrödinger is the nr 1 challenger, and for me right now he is, more than Girard, he will have to concentrate on rosa.

Youth: Fahrny-Sveringson-Bellinckx-Nipp now. Nipp not out, but for the moment he is in search of cult status it seems, attacking in hopeless situations, trying to lose time even? That could play in his favor later, when he can be let go, to steal bonifications and the stage victory later, because for rosa he simply isn't a danger right now. Bellinckx has the disadvante of being isolated, more than Nipp who can work with Putz-Schmalzbrot, and the weakest in the mountains. Unlikely. Fahrny right now the favorite, depending on further ape plans as well though, not really sure I want to ride for white, ended up doing it mostly the last days, nothing else to do at all... might continue like that, but a stage win is still the more important goal.Doesn't look too likely though. Sveringson with more mountain, less TT the biggest challenger, isolated though, if Urganov is put at Fahrnys disposal 100% the 19" now, plus some seconds more normallly in the final TT, 2 points, so another roughly 20", might be enough already. But will see, the training important for sure. The reg would speak for Sveringson though.

Team: Mathe thanks to the escpae in front now, then Wizard, BW, Owl. Will be between BW and ... Allagen. Most likely BW. Allagen will be in every escape, hoping to win more time, but will lose time in the mountain stages, lots of it likely. The rest... Mathe depends on the quest for rosa, with Heuser he has a good 3 guy, will he and Rondeau have to ride? If not, he might beat BW, if BW has to ride. We'll see, nobody (except Allagen I think) for the moment really seems to care.

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Mon May 16, 2011 9:29 am

Very good summary!

In the first week Schrödi (flocke) made a great job i think ... and becomes to the greatest competitor for me!
And in the next week there will be 4 mountainstages, 2 more with good chances for Schrödi ... and the 20 seconds are very much for the winner!

But we will see ...

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Mon May 16, 2011 10:35 am

Nevertheless, I've ordered a maglia rosa with Girard on the back.
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Mon May 16, 2011 12:49 pm

NoPikouze wrote:Nevertheless, I've ordered a maglia rosa with Girard on the back.

hi pikou ... hope it was not too expensive .-)

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Mon May 16, 2011 3:26 pm

we need a new favorite analyse! i just take 6 minutes for that, so you can find the mistakes ;)

gc:

*****:
****: dodo
***: girad
**:
*: schrödi

climb:

*****: luigi
****:
***:
**:
*: sackhaar, wollschläger and co.

sprint:

*****: schrödi
****:
***: lutz
**:
*: dodo

youth:

*****: omar
****:
***: arvid
**:
*:

team:

*****: flocke
****: bergwerk
***: wiz
**:
*:

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Best stage so far today, didn't lose any time. :mrgreen:
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Tue May 17, 2011 8:00 am

blablub
Last edited by bergwerk cycling on Tue May 17, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue May 17, 2011 8:47 am

Today the first real sprint stage... Hmm... I really wonder what will happen. Will NoirJauneRouge ride for a sprint too? or Leopard Trek? What will the GK-Teams do? Is it Wollschläger or Sackhaar in the escape today? Lots of questions...

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Tue May 17, 2011 1:09 pm

No lizard today again. Just not the energy to do online browser gaming right now, personal stuff bla bla... will hopefully be back on tomorrow's stage.

Hall of Fame:

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue May 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Hope to welcome you soon back to the race.

Today, first: It was Sackhaar... damn. Bet on Wollschläger.

Second: Yay! Schmarotz did it! Grrrrrreat, first Sprinter-win at the Giro for Team FL. Schmarotz blasts the curse Kämpfer and Dürr could not overcome.

So, perfect start for the second Giro-week. Tomorrow it will be a "Gemetzel" I am sure. Just hope that there will be no problem with the time limit. The day after tomorrow will be the next flat stage this week, but I don't think that a second sprint is possible without more help from the peloton, although NoirJauneRouge did useful tempo today and Equipe held the Peloton together in the end. We will see... otherwise Team FL perhaps just tries to escape.

Another thought: Tomorrow there are a lot of indermediaries, especiall for mountain points. So I count with lots of attacks... also not very good for the time limit. I would prefer a slowly ridden stage.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed May 18, 2011 6:59 am

Come back Lizard!!!! But good for you to miss yesterday. I envy everybody who didn't have to witness yesterday. Shock in Teramo! Cédric Schmarotz, sprinter of the notorious loser team Team FL, wins a Giro sprint. What a shame for this Giro, what a shame for all the other managers, a FL sprinter winning a Giro stage is like... I don't know, I'm lost for words. Well almost. It's like.. still don't know. It's just horrible. The unthinkable happened. All the managers that were online will have to really rethink their strategy now, no, not only their strategy, their whole life, what does it all mean, is it worth it, everything. Even suicide is an option now for the ape, I mean seriously, FL winning a Giro sprint? Now I have to question eveything that I thought I knew, is being an ape really being an ape? Should I go the Robyklebt and now Pikouze way and be a sheep again? Or is the Walrus-Sheep combination the right one? Or no more animals, is being Larry the thing to do? Or since that's taken, maybe Harry? Or Barry? Should we call Lizard Warry, Psycho Parry, Owl Orry now? Does Fahrny get any advantages from this shocking event? Questions and questions, but no answers, only a big empty void staring at me. And all other poor souls that had to witness that event. Which changes everything, as I mentioned. Right now none of us probably can concentrate on the race, maybe only FL. And Lizard because he was offline, so in the GC now clearly it's Mastrangelo vs Eickendreyer/Stockdale. Doubt Barrywarry, Orry, Darry, Erry Marry, Parry Sarry, Arry, Parry can deliver results until the next rest day, it just shows FLs perfidious ways to shock everybody just after the rest day. How are we all supposed to be competitive now, when dealing with all the questions that arise from that??? Horrible, horrible, I even started smoking again. Well, not really related, I do that every day, I stop smoking when I go to bed, my last cigarette, so I enjoy it even more, then in the morning I tell myself, I restart, and enjoy that one more too. I'm not easily deceived, especially not by myself, but this intricate scheme always worked, but will it still work now, now that we are all facing the abyss? I don't know, I, and I suspect the others too, will just need time to digest what happened yesterday.

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed May 18, 2011 8:37 am

There are rumours about a newly created black whole somewhere in the RSF-universe...

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Wed May 18, 2011 11:31 am

Great. Now from reading Parry Walrus' post I am absolutely confused even though I missed Day X yesterday o_O

But okay, Mastrangelo vs Eickendreyer sounds good. Let's do that today!

EDITH: The million I had on my swiss bank account before the Giro is already gone... and half of the race still to ride, oh god!

Hall of Fame:

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Wed May 18, 2011 5:14 pm

nice escape today with a dirty and unfair end. congrats lecce, now you are a member of my personal team.

tomorrow it´s a fl stage again i think, if he works for it. otherwise a groupe will win. last stage befor the big 3 climbstages, aaaa yeah

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu May 19, 2011 9:15 am

Cool stage (although I almost freaked out), lots of action and friction and a strong Luigi. GW to Lecce again.

Cool it was, but I also have to say the this year's afternoon Giro is not worth the time of the day, as it was during the last year's. Lots of potential for frustration, angry managers bitching around, managers who have not the best idea what to do. This year's afternoon Giro is not the big fight with respect to the contestants and their achievements. Even with Los Ticos around it was more fun than this year. But why is it like that? There may be a lot of reasons and it might be hard to tell, but in the end, it's the lack of respect. Respect for the other teams and respect for to the Giro itself, an honorable race that should be attended with an behaviour that's worth it. I only see lots of selfish, ignorant or (still) unknowing managers, besides some bright spots of course. And with them, there comes frustration, stubornness, unreasonableness.

So for the sake of a nice afternoon Giro - we have still on half left - behave like you're riding the Giro! Thus, have fun, look cool, but show some respect.

The stage today:
So, today the last flat stage. The last chance for a sprint. The second chance for Schmarotz? Well, the stage is a bit longer then the one two days ago and tomorrow, the three days mountain special begins with lots of chances for Wesley, Cédric and Fred to end the Giro. The question is: Is it worth a Giro stage? FL says clearly: yes it is, but with a soft-spoken condition: only if not impossible. We will see if there is a dangerous group, a puncheur in the end or something else that does harm to the mighty sprintteam from Liechtenstein. But who likes to waste energy one day before the tri-mountain-interlude?

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Thu May 19, 2011 10:27 am

team fl wrote: But who likes to waste energy one day before the tri-mountain-interlude?

you.