Tour de France - 18:00

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

el Galactico

Tour de France - 18:00

Post by el Galactico » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm thinking about starting here after Ben took the 88 mountain.

He definitely will be the leader of the team if i start. The rest of the team is totally unclear to me.
But first, let me ask who will participate here as well???

Pro for tour: - a stage win is a must have to complete the palmares
- only some km tt, maybe a chance for a strong climber
- hopefully good managers with me

contras: - salary will be too high
- too much easy and boring sprint stages
- inflexibility for the real life during this 3 weeks

Now i want to note down my thoughts about the team for the Tour!

-1- Ben Gourgue
-2- Castillo
-3- Felicandes
-4- Perre
-5- Callado
-6- Foguete
-7- del Rios
-8- Barroso
-9- Wouters/Iguacu/Garrido

Salary will be about 500k. this is much for having no real chances. These easy sprint stages suck...
Rodrigo Tellez - Winner of Tour Down Under 2023!!!

Siempre Campeones! Hala Galacticos!!

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month

el Galactico

Re: Tour de France - 18:00

Post by el Galactico » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Hey wake up or will i be alone here?

At the moment there are several teams registered:

Egsdorfer: I know from him that the chances for him to ride here are not very good.

Starforce: He bought a team extra for the Tour. Super strong. GC without any problems maybe?

Out of Service alias Peace: Team is good. Will he participate here or not? Don't know!

I dont know the other teams so good.

My hopes are about 30 teams. 2 fields would be great. Bad for Peace but thats life then.

The other hope is a bad bad training for Starforce and his strong team...

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month

Peace

Post by Peace » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:35 am

Two pelotons and I will definitely not be riding... one of them and it is thoroughly possible... problem is that I am too weak to ride for GC with Granados (who is also 33 and will likely fall in his stats immediately) and have a highly expensive team so that I do not know how to compensate the expected loss... but we will see... I will probably decide spontaneously whether to ride the tour or not.

Another thing is that I don't really want to ride in a peloton with a team like Starforce... meh, could have done the same and have somewhat done so (built a team specifically for the tour), but at least I've kept it at a realistic level and not something completely insane and abnormal. Is he somewhat related to Ticos? 8)

As I said... on va voir. Maybe I'll ride, maybe I won't. If I participate and am occasionally not there, it wouldn't be too bad. Just want to have some fun. :)

And oh yeah... If I participate team is obviously straightforward considering that I have all of 9 riders:

1- Granados (88 climb, 54 TT); win a stage and possibly go for the polka dots
2- Diouf (84 climb); assist Granados in the mountains
3- Sternbäcker (73-75-79); classics leader, assist in mountain terrain
4- Posey (72-78); classics elite helper, assist in mountain terrain

Rest are filler spots and likely unimportant except possibly for Paolo Simone (who does not have a nationality for no appearent reason), who is our star sprinter...

Peace

Post by Peace » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:08 am

And just like that I am not riding... work schedule for my internship makes it likely that I would miss 5+ stages at least and that is just too much... other times don't work at all so all I can say is "Have Fun" at the Tour... Team Out of Service is entering farming mode. 8)

el Galactico

Post by el Galactico » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:13 am

That's bad for you, and mybe bad for us as well. hoped to have a partner to fight against starforce. Maybe i should buy a second climber now :D

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month

el Galactico

Post by el Galactico » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Favorites after Pave section:

5. Benjamin Gourgue (+1:41 behind yellow)
7. Noé Charby +0:06
8. Peter Botha +0:09
9. Leonhard Euler +0:11
12. Heal World +0:24
14. Rainer Berg +0:52
15. Etienne Guerinn +0:55

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Mmh, not very active this topic here...

Write more! Need to know what's happening in other TdF without having to go to the spectators chat!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

el Galactico

Post by el Galactico » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Ok write something for you Roby. Situation was clear from the beginning on, nobody can beat World with this team around him, except something very extraordinary happens.

This doesn't happen. The climbers(Botha,Gourgue, Berg) worked well together but at the end there is missing at least one more hard mountain stage.
I lost 1:02 to Botha when a weak Gourgue was siebed at the Port de Bales. My calculation says:

1. World
2. Botha +2:24
3. Euler +2:36
4. Gourgue +2:55
5. Berg 4:27

Sprint jersey is a fight between BugaTTi (former Leibach) and Enigma. Enigma is 5 points in front before the last sprint in Paris. And he is better in the GC, so a second place is enough to win it.

Nobody really fought for the climbers jersey, so it is Peter Botha, the best climber (5 stages), who wins this jersey.

The white jersey was a fight between the captain from Enigma Poltergeist and the Huber helper von Hohenstein from Maurice. Before the TT Poltergeist is only 8 seconds in front but he is better against the clock so he will win it for sure.

Teams classement will be for francais, he is 1:14 in front before the TT.

Stages:
6x Gala
6x francais
3x Leibach (now BugaTTi)
1x Enigma
1x Team Air Riders
1x Pastis Richard
1x Maurice

As you can see, there is a lack of quality and especially quantity in this field, but nevertheless it was fun to ride with them, not all, but even the not so nice managers were ok. Online quote was ok, but have never seen the team of Ponitvy? Canyon was also not very active. All in all there were missing 3-5 teams.
And my unofficial hero is Team Thurau who saved almost every day the Gruppetto - but ok his team was about 50% of the Gruppetto every day.

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month

el Galactico

Post by el Galactico » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Ha and btw: I am now(23:14) the best team of RSF, 1. in 1. Division. This is the first time for me. Have to mention that...

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:14 am

Very boring, nobody cares :lol:

Hihihihi, no no, ok.

Quality of the teams listed actually doesn't seem as bad as you say. Enigma, Pastis both quite good, maybe lack some experience. français a veteran, Maurice.. don't really know him so can't say, no clue about Leibach or Thurau and Air Riders... bah, not sure too many similar names in the game.

But Gourgue not winning, he told me he isn't happy and thinks about changing team again. "Que le singe voit mon potentiel et peut m'aider a gagner des courses importantes" he said (I'm Robert W.S. Klebt btw) Only the ape sees my potential and can help me to win important races.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

el Galactico

Post by el Galactico » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:28 am

Gourgue stupid. 2. place was sure without this stupid Port de Bales stage. At the end only 13 seconds missing to place 2, thats somehow very hard to see but ok, expected the 4th place so 3rd is a success.

Now Gala will take is summer rest for some weeks. And hopefully he is back for the Vuelta.

5. place Giro
3. place Tour de France
1. Vuelta

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month