San Luis - 16h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

gaurain rx

San Luis - 16h

Post by gaurain rx » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 am

So well, here it goes again for a little afternoon tour. San Luis, Wonderfull Argentina for the Old Gaurain's :

1. Jéyoun Grossteub : Leader, he can't believe it. He gets his chance. Finally.
2. Thomas Dépucelle : Quasi a descent classic now. Could be usefull in flat and moutain stages.
3. Franco DelPonte : Had a lot to do during Pavétour, he'll go here to protect McKinley.
4. Yannick Frognet : Flattie, of course.
5. David Jaret : The old guy has still 83 flat, still worth for him to come here. Maybe Quatar for Abschied?!
6. Marissa Lopard : Second Flattie
7. Phil McKinley : Sprinter of the team. He should have 3 occasions to show what he's up to!
8. Jean Petitjean : Young helper... Here to learn and prepare the GIro d'Italia.
9. Piet Vanhuis : Classic guy. Perfect to protect efficiently Grossteub.

498k, maybe a bit much for the quality I bring here!

So, quite the same kind of lineup as EAT. Dépucelle goes in for Vrunethen (a bit more mountain) but less flat, McKinley for Lambert (well, each sprinter has his tour). 2 major changes Grossteub in for Preidler (it's basically now if I will see if my choice was the good one), and PetitJean for DeRoy (one more helper instead of a second sprinter).

Radomiak

Re: San Luis - 16h

Post by Radomiak » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 pm

I will be here too
1. Radek Kwiat - aiming for top5 GC
2. Lukasz Szary - classic, mainly help for Kwiat but also aiming for top10 with his tt skill, maybe win some stage?
3. Michal Gorski - help for Kwiat + sprint on flat stages
4. Mateusz Barszcz - flat helper
5. Tomasz Belcik - flat helper
6. Marian Bobek - flat helper
7. Michal Pajak - flat helper
8. Roman Kowalski - flat helper
9. Ryszard Lew - tt rider, aiming to win 4th stage

Ronson

Post by Ronson » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Not able to ride herer :(
Will ride at 7pm or skip San Luis ...
Wer Rückenwind hat, fährt einfach nur zu langsam!

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Ronson wrote:Not able to ride herer :(

Feigling P: .-)

But good luck later, would be easy for Soares. Its his (perhaps last) perfect tour!

Ronson

Post by Ronson » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:46 pm

bergwerk cycling wrote:

Feigling P: .-)
No no, but 4pm it's most of the days unpossible. 3pm the latest is feasible for me, or better 2 or 1pm ;)
bergwerk cycling wrote: But good luck later, would be easy for Soares. Its his (perhaps last) perfect tour!
Don't think so, even 7pm there are a couple of opponents, Y.C. ;)

And I am not scared by Betty, I would kick her ass :twisted: Btw, In my oppinion the riders like Jagger, Y.C and Grossteub are much more favorites like Soares and this Betty-clone.

Good luck, would be interesting this tour. Too bad that I have to skip this tour with especially bw, Gaurain, ptt, rado and Moscow :(

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Too bad you didnt start here, i love your actions on such a races.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:21 am

Well, so little group analysis.

13 teams and everybody seems to be online... And also a quite international field.

For gk, Glückauf (Betty), Grossteub (Gaurain rx), Jagger (Bergwerk) should share the podium and should be the exclusive gk p1 fighters... I don't really see any other rider who could pretend for it.

Kwiat (Radomiak) seems to be the topfav' for white. Portillo (Escartinos) will have to struggle a lot to have a slight chance to defeat him.

For Green, well, I would have said basically Maiwald (X later) and then McKinley (Gaurain rx) with Dzagoev (Moscow) and Warawara (PTT) as challengers... After the first stage, maybe chances are options are a bit different but they should still be the 4 countenders... Even if for it, we should at least get 2 sprints, which is not a that certain data.

Red and team, no clue as usual. Will depends of how the race goes on.

Ronson

Post by Ronson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Ronson wrote: ...And I am not scared by Betty, I would kick her ass :twisted: ...
Now I have to say ... sure, I would have kick her ass :mrgreen:

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 pm

gaurain rx wrote:For gk, Glückauf (Betty), Grossteub (Gaurain rx), Jagger (Bergwerk) should share the podium and should be the exclusive gk p1 fighters... I don't really see any other rider who could pretend for it.
Now the fight for place 1 with 3 rider is a fight for 2 ... Jagger is out, no chance.
But Podium is normaly really clear.

Think we have to wait for the next mountainstage to see it clearly if it will be Glückauf or Grossteub.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm

bergwerk cycling wrote:
gaurain rx wrote:For gk, Glückauf (Betty), Grossteub (Gaurain rx), Jagger (Bergwerk) should share the podium and should be the exclusive gk p1 fighters... I don't really see any other rider who could pretend for it.
Now the fight for place 1 with 3 rider is a fight for 2 ... Jagger is out, no chance.
But Podium is normaly really clear.

Think we have to wait for the next mountainstage to see it clearly if it will be Glückauf or Grossteub.
I begin to wonder if have any chance I have to say... Lost 5 secs, could have even been 2-3 less if I rode a bit better. Expected more than 10 secs loss today!

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:27 pm

me too ... think you would loose more today.
looks like a good shape .-)

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:53 pm

Betty against Gaurain for gc? Mmmm, I still disagree to put bw guys out of this fight. At least Jagger! And why not even Benny, he begins to scare me a bit! I assume I thought Jagger would be further away than 11 seconds back in gc, and Hill only 1'30, with the shape he seems to have, he can kick everybody :)

So well, I still see views for bw for gk p1... But ok, If he doesn't see the options, I won't mind to much!

Anyway, stages are well dealed at the moment : Bw, Gaurain, Rado (happy for him ^^) and x later, can we continue to share in the next days :)

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm

Today very nice stage, Gaurain Rx perfectly controlled whole stage like a boss, but tomorrow it will be the stage of truth for him. I hope you will gonna make it because you work much more then team betty till now, but only 47sec, it will be super hard(i have no much experience in mountain stages) I wonder if he will work tomorrow.

Also at the moment 3sec difference between p4-p6. It will be fun
Anyway, stages are well dealed at the moment : Bw, Gaurain, Rado (happy for him ^^) and x later, can we continue to share in the next days
I am happy too. It's very good race for me. I was already 1st, 2nd, 3rd, I will probably get white, and 2 riders will finish in top10. Maybe i will be lucky enough to get teams classification?

Btw bw will win red !

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Well, I agree with Rado, interesting stage.

Nice escape with 2 Moscow and 2 Modo... I controlled behind betty joined controlling, and thought escapers were through, as they had 7 mins or so at the foot of the big climb of the day. Then on the first 6, attack by ptt classics, Bw with a classic and climber hill, and also Rado with Szary. Strange attack from my point of view, but ok, maybe cause I knew I wanted to sieb from the next km on ^^

But ok, then betty went in tempo with her 83 moutain duo, siebing the classics one by one. At the top of the hill, the 2 escapers were joined by hill, bw climbers, with Betty 19 secs behind with the rest of the climbers and then me, Rado and Ptt with their classics 40 secs behind betty's group. Escapers continued tempo, Betty also, I was in tempo in order to get betty's back (and also bw), Rado joined some km later (a bit too soon I guess), got back the betty, then bw. Szary blocked till the last km where Robnik (ptt classics, the last fit one) attacked only followed by grossteub who sprinted to the win and also 13 importants seconds win in gk!

So, gk seems clearer now. Jagger is totally out of the podium fight, and grossteub with 47 secs advantage on Glücklauf should be able to keep some secs left tomorrow. I was already hoping with 34 secs, now with 47 secs, I'm quite sure grossteub will do it tomorrow, even if, it always depends how the other teams will ride uphill.

Ronson

Post by Ronson » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Too bad that I was not able to ride here :(

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Ronson wrote:Too bad that I was not able to ride here :(
Hell yeah, you miss awesome race, the best race of the month for sure. + you would be a top contender for gc, so the race would be even more excited.

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Good control of the stage by bergwerk. First for the red against Chasing Velo, then till the end for stage victory. Kwiat was almost able to hold on Hill, 6 secs :( Also pretty easy defense of yellow by Gaurain Rx. I thought it will be much harder, well played.

Summary:
Yellow for Gaurain Rx
red for bergwerk
white for me
green will decide tomorrow - Gaurain Rx vs X Later but ptt will win :P