Team FL

Your team should be here

Moderator: englishmods

team fl

Re: Team FL

Post by team fl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Royal victory Down Under

With a royal victory in Canberra, Stefan "King" Küng collects his 8th career win at the age of 36. Proudly he presented his Liechtenstein NC jersey in the finish foto, dominating his opponents.

Some even say that it was the come back of Hugo Marxer that gave him new motivation. Some say, it was his royal breakfast. Some just say, King Küng decided to win again and did it. As simple as that. The team management says: Long live the King after his 8th career win. At the age of 36, Stefan "King" Küng won the GP Canberra out of an early group, in front of all the sprinters. He distanced his opponents by a royal length but did not forget to thanks them and to shake their hands after the finish line. Stefano Benni has already been organising the afterraceparty for King Küng and his entourage and his royal suite will ensure an extraordinary celebration.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:58 pm

the king... the only reason he could beat Indini:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boza_%28Getr%C3%A4nk%29

it tastes the way it looks...

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Benni wins another RKL race

Stefano Benni seems to like RKL races. After Hokkaido, the Coupe de Guadeloupe (nice rhyme btw), was his second victory in a race made by this designer. The question now is, who is this mysterious race designer?

RKL, RKL... Stefano Benni knew from the beginning that the Coupe de Guadeloupe was another RKL race. Like the Hokkaido Cycling Cup he won in late August this year. Coincidence? Rumour has it that RKL is a secret fan of the Lombardia winner from Team FL. The team management already guessed it could be some Alkworld guy (see rumours about Benni's team change to Alkworld some messages before). But as far as the Team FL scouts could find out, the whole team Alkworld is on holidays at the moment. So, who is this mysterious guy that serves victory after victory on a silver plate to Benni? And why not Unsinn, Küng or another Team FL rider? RKL, RKL... We know the KKL, but that's something different, the "Kultur- und Kongresszentrum Luzern". Team FL is still clueless and thus happy about every hint or tip about this race designer or the abbreviation. Until then, we guess it's Rich Kids on LSD, although we are not sure about that.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 pm

4th different winner in November

Jean Ollé Ollé wins the RSF/C4F classic race GP de Lanzarote. It is the 4th Team FL race victory in November, won the the 4th different rider. Besides that, it is Jean's 4th career win.

Until today, Benni, Küng and Taverna were the three different Team FL race winners so far in November 2012. Today, Jean Ollé Ollé became the fourth one. He collected his fourth career victory in Spain at the prestigious (!) RSF/C4F classic race GP de Lanzarote, a "hard race for sprinters", as the designer (Falkenbier) named it. No question why this game is called Cycling Fo(u)r Freaks... Bad pun, I (William deWorde) admit it. Not bad will be the upcoming participation at the Tour du Sud du Maroc, starting tomorrow and lasting four (!) days. Until then the team will celebrate Jean's victory fo(u)r sure and will head fo(ur) Marocco this evening. Taverna is looking fo(u)rward to it as well as the whole Team FL crew.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Arab Autumn for Taverna

Gaudenz Taverna wins the second half stage (ITT) during the first day of the Tour du Sud du Maroc. It was his 10th career win. At the same time, he won the yellow leader jersey and will wear it at least for tomorrow, hopefully until the end of the Tour.

Gaudenz Taverna makes it at 10. 10 stage wins for the time trialist from Solothurn (!). He is the second rider for Team FL after Cédric Schmarotz who achieves that aim. Gaudenz did it today during the second half stage of the first day in Northern Africa at the Tour du Sud du Maroc (TdSdM). Because of that, he is also wearing the leaders jersey at least for tomorrow. But the team will do everything to get him to win the tour in the end. If it works or not, we will see after the final stage on Friday.

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Samba in Uganda

Xaver Unsinn wins the race from Kisoro to Kabale in Uganda. Stefano Benni sealed the double victory on place 2 while Roy Liechtenstein watched the sprint in the 5 men group relaxed from the back.

The Duo Infernale Unsinn and Benni striked again, this time in the heart of Africa in Uganda. On the road from Kisoro to Kabale, only two SV Furpach riders could follow the Team FL train, including newcomer Roy Lichtenstein. Distancing all other opponents by at least 15 seconds and leaving Vidal and Banks no chance in the final sprint, the afterraceparty was accordingly intense. Benni organised an Ugandan (!) Samba band and lots of Nile Special beer. Also Hugo Marxer was seen at the race party. According to an insider, he was responsible for the tactics today, giving Roy the order to help Benni and Unsinn, to use the "climber for classic" tactic, developed by Hugo himself, even used by notable teams like the Andes winners Petit Singe.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 am

Benni follows in Hannes' footsteps

Team FL is happy to welcome the second Büchel to its team. After Hannes, his nephew Benni joins the Liechtenstein cycling team to lead it to even greater success.

Büchel is a well known label at Team FL, known for fighting spirit, endurance, and loyalty. This label was built by one man, Hannes Büchel. Although the end of his career remains doubtful, Hannes has still a big standing in the cycling world. And now it's his nephew Benni Büchel who tries to fill Hannes' shoes at Team FL with his cycling skills:

- Image Benni Büchel, 21, Helper, Liechtenstein

46-67-63-55-47, Pavé 31, Reg 47

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:43 am

31 Pavé ? :P

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 am

cataracs wrote:31 Pavé ? :P
Cool, isn't it?

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Yeah will even win PR

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 pm

cataracs wrote:Yeah will even win PR
Nah, he's going for RVV.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Columbia + RKL = FL win!

Slowly but surely it's getting scary. Again a race designed by the mysterious RKL, again another Team FL victory. This time, it was Kari Steinsson who took home the merits for the first place, after an attack on the last 20 km fo the race.

Actually, it should have been a race for Jean Ollé Ollé. The camerounian sprinter was well prepared after a dentist session with Niels Hörnö. His close friend from home, Henri Bienvenu, was in the line-up too, so nothing could go wrong. Together with the flat power of the Steinsson twins and the Liechtenstein triumvirat Banzer, Walch and King Küng, nothing could stop them, not even some wannabe hill sprint teams with the help of some classic riders. So far so good. The other sprintteams were committed too, and thus, a sprint royal looked inevitable until... well until some teams decided to put their feet up and do something else. After long discussions with Ollé Ollé and Hörnö, the team decided to chance tactics and give the flatties a chance. And so, Niels Hörnö and Kari Steinsson tried their luck on the last 20 km of the race. Together with Mikel Shera, Mitch Lefebre (both SV Furpach) and Tadhg MacNeacail (ATB - Racing) they reached the finish line in front of the peloton, where Kari played out the sprint skills he already showed during the Sachsen Pflaster tour. Ollé Ollé could at least gather the second place in the peloton. The question is still: Who is this RKL? And why is Team FL winning his races all the time? Coincidence? Luck? Whatever it is, Team FL is happy about every race win. And so ist Ollé Ollé, fortunately.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 am

William deWorde busy

Due to the recent unexpected Team FL streak of success, William deWorde has problems to keep up with getting the news spread. This time it was another Unsinn victory in Honduras in the race form Yoro to La Esperanza.

William deWorde's fingers are aching and shining in some strange colours. Büchel, Steinsson, Unsinn. This RKL thing. Taverna, Benni, Küng. Press releases all over the place. Some members of the Team FL management even say they can see a little cloud of smoke coming out of both of his ears. What is good for the team - victories en masse - is bad for poor William. Although he loves his job, too much is too much. And since his apprentice Jens Scholz has been leaving the Team FL press center, William is left on his own.

Due to Unsinn's race win yesterday in Honduras in the race from Yoro to La Esperanza, his 5th career win, and the current work load, the Team FL management decided to look for help for busy William. Applications are welcome if you see yourself as a good writer, are fond of PR and media work and consider yourself as team worker. Of course you should be happy to work for Team FL. Some cycling knowledge would be appreciated. If you are a former professional rider, so much the better. Please feel free to deposid your application in the Team FL press center. Thank you.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:21 am

Clearly overworked poor William.
He even uses horrible words like flatties...
Get Hugo to do it!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:48 pm

RKL = SM?

Today, Xaver Unsinn won another race. First the Team FL management though it would be again a race designed by RKL, then realised it is a race from SM Team. Thus the question: Is RKL SM Team?

Others say this connection is pure nonsense...

Takashi Murakami

Post by Takashi Murakami » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Hey there, nice to see my former team mates so successful. What a great Team 8-)

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:06 pm

King Küng leaves (not) Hole in the Team

He's gone! Team FL still can't believe it and it's already 2013: Stefan "King" Küng quit cycling and left an empty spot in the Liechtenstein cycling team. At the same time Harry Hole left Liechtenstein and headed back to Oslo to live at his sisters place.

- Image Stefan Küng, 37

Stefan Küng, also called "King Küng" was one of the most versatile riders in the history of Team FL. Good for almost every profile, besides heave mountains and ITTs, it was no wonder he counted up to 256 races for the Liechenstein cycling team, in which he won 8 races incl. Omloop'12. His best results he could celebrate at the traditional Pavé stage races, winning a youth jersey and several podium places. But more than that, King Küng won three times the Liechtenstein NC, which makes him a King somehow after all. Also the 6571 eternal points puts him right behind legendary Luigi Mastrangelo in the eternal Team FL list and even in front of Cédric Schmarotz. King Küng will now be the new COO of Team FL and responsible for the calender planning, line-ups, logistics and so on.

Best skills: 59-86-73-60-61, Pavé 80, Reg 46
Bought: 03.08.2011
Retired: 20.12.2012
Races: 256
Race wins: 8 (3 NC in FL)
Youth classement: 1
Eternal points: 6571

- Image Harry Hole, 34

Mostly drunk, Harry Hole from Oslo, Norway was a good compagnion, esp. of King Küng. You could even say he was his first vassal, esp. for Küng's favourable profile: Pavé. Nevertheless, Harry was a loyal helper and even won a classic race in Québec, Canada. After his cycling career, Harry will go back to Oslo and live with his partly handicapped sister, who he will take care off.

Best skills: 56-82-61-48-53, Pavé 80, Reg 51
Bought: 01.11.2011
Retired: 20.12.2012
Races: 164
Race wins: 1
Eternal points: 1730

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 am

The half-shilling joins FL

New Year, new rider. This time, it's Eddie "the half-shilling" Sixpence from Harare in Zimbabwe. The African climber will be responsible for steep finishes and build the climbing duo together with Roy Lichtenstein and the Giro 2013.

Eddie Sixpence's engagement in Liechtenstein is the result of the Team FL cycling project in East and Southern Africa running together with the East African Tour (EAT) in countries like Tanzania, Kenya, Zimbabwe and so on. The young climber caught the attention of the scouts very early and thus it was only matter of time until he joined the Liechtenstein cycling team. Together with Roy Lichtenstein, Eddie will build the climbing duo for the Giro 2013 and other stage races or one day races with a corresponding profile. Contrary to popular believe, Eddie does not listen to Sixpence Non The Richer. Anyway, here are Eddie's skills:

- Image Eddie Sixpence, 21, Climber, Zimbabwe

73-49-78-52-46, Pavé 52, Reg 36

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:33 am

Weekend double troube at EAT

At the weekend, both Xaver Unsinn and Jean Ollé Ollé won a stage at EAT. On Saturday "Bennsinn" even achieved a double victory.

Both stage wins are tributed to SK Blu-Bardhe, who took over the team radio for both days. With his help, Unsinn and Benni on Saturday, nowadays called "Bennsinn", and Ollé Ollé on Sunday could win their first stages at EAT, also the first ones for Team FL in 2013. As a result, Ollé Ollé is now wearing the green jersey of the points classement leader. In the GC, Unsinn, Benni and Taverna a still placed in the top10. While the next two stages might not be something for Team FL, the next sprint stage is waiting on Wednesday.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:36 am

Team FL Rückblick 2012

As after every year, Team FL prevents his review of the RSF/C4F calender, this time of 2012. The review is held in German as usual. At the end of the review, there is the nomination for the Team FL rider of the year. Feel free to vote for your favorite!

Vorgeplänkel

Wie immer startete das RSF-Jahr für das Team FL mit der Teilnahme an den Sachsen Pavés. Alkworld dominierte, Wesley Lichtenkiesel konnte jedoch eine Etappe gewinnen. Stefan Küng verpasste das GC-Podium knapp. Ein erstes Highlight im Kalenderjahr war der Gewinn des Punktetrikots durch den FL-Sprinter Cédric Schmarotz in Qatar. Darüber hinaus gab es im ersten Quartal keine nennenswerten Vorkommnisse für das Team FL.

Klassikerfrühling

Mehr zu Berichten gab es ab März, dem Beginn des Klassikerfrühlings. Stefan Küng gewann mit Omloop den ersten Klassiker des Jahres und Cédric Schmarotz schrammte als zweiter bei MSR haarscharf an einer Sensation vorbei. Neben einem zweiten und dritten Platz bei E3 Harelbeke durch Hassler und Küng verlief der Rest allerdings – leider – eher ereignis- bzw. ergebnislos.

Neben den Klassikern standen auch einige interessante Rundfahrten auf dem Programm, so zum Beispiel traditionell Paris – Nizza. Das Team FL gewann dort zwei Etappen (Gaudenz Taverna und Nathaniel Biedermann), spielte allerdings im GC keine grosse Rolle, obwohl, Gaudenz Taverna drei Tage in Gelb fuhr nach seinem Auftaktsieg im ITT. Dafür gewann Wesley Lichtenkiesel zur Überraschung aller das Bergtrikot.

Im März feierte das Team sein 1’000. Rennen (Nokere) und seinen 100. Sieg (Stefan Küng 2. Etappe de Panne, Gelb für einen Tag). Neben dem Etappensieg holte sich Stefan Küng noch den 3. Platz im GC und das Team die Mannschaftswertung.

Der April war ein Desaster. Kein einziger Etappensieg konnte verzeichnet werden, lediglich Elmar Goop gewann ein Oldies Rennen. Deshalb schnell weiter zum nächsten Punkt…

Giro Nebenprogramm

Dafür schlug man im Mai nochmals kräftig beim Giro Nebenprogramm zu: Schmarotz holte seinen 13. Sieg in seinem letzten Rennen und wurde gemeinsam mit Lichtenkiesel verabschiedet. Darüber hinaus holte das Team FL sowohl bei Dunkerque also auch Californien jeweils die Mannschaftswertung und diverse Etappensiege, bei letzterer Rundfahrt Biedermann sogar die Punktewertung. Als i-Tüpfelchen gewann Gaudenz Taverna durch den Etappensieg im Zeitfahren die Bayern-Rundfahrt, bei der Jean Ollé Ollé seinen ersten Etappenerfolg verzeichnen konnte.

Darüber hinaus gewann Stefan Küng im Juni erneut die Liechtensteiner Landesmeisterschaft und konnte sich deshalb zum zweiten Mal das blaurote Trikot überstreifen.

Le Tour

Im Juli Tour de France. Gaudenz Taverna gewann sowohl den Prolog am 30. Juni also auch die zwei weiteren Einzelzeitfahren der Tour 2012. Ansonsten kein nennenswertes Resultat. In der zweiten Monatshälfte blieb man in Frankreich und nahmt – wenig erfolgreich – an der Elsässer Rundfahrt teil.

Den zweiten Rundfahrtsieg bescherte Gaudenz Taverna dem Team FL im August an der Elk Grove Tour, inkl. Etappensieg beim Prolog. Zuvor holte sich aber Stefano Benni das Jungfahrertrikot an der zweitägigen Rundfahrt Corezze.

Klassikerherbst

Etwas unglücklich verliefen der Start der Herbstklassiker in der Mitte des Monats (Unsinn 3. bei Tre Valli als bestes Resultat) und der Dänemark Rundfahrt. Allerdings konnte Stefano Benni im hohen Norden mit der zweiten Etappe sein erstes Rennen überhaupt gewinnen. Benni mit einem weiteren Etappentriumph sowie Ollé Ollé und Taverna sorgten mit insgesamt vier Etappensiegen und dem Gewinn der Mannschaftswertung dennoch für ein tolles Ergebnis.

Im September gewann auch Harry Hole sein erstes Rennen und holte in Kanada mit dem GP Québec den zweiten Klassikersieg 2012. Den zweiten Klassiker, GP Montréal, musste das Team FL aus termintechnischen Gründen leider ausfallen lassen. Der Höhepunkt folgte dann am Ende des Monats: Stefano Benni gewann mit dem Giro di Lombardia ein weiteres Monument für das Team FL. Nun fehlt nur noch La Doyenne in dieser Sammlung des Liechtensteinischen Radsportteams. Quasi im Anschluss lies auch Xaver Unsinn als zweiter des Duo Infernale mit seinem Sieg des GP Bruno Beghelli anfangs Oktober aufhorchen.

Die folgenden Rundfahrten verliefen durchzogen. Beim World Tour Finale in Beijing konnte das Team FL keine Akzente setzen. In Brasilien bei der Volta Ciclista Sao Paulo gewann Gaudenz Taverna sein insgesamt achtes Zeitfahren und Jean Ollé Ollé völlig überraschend eine weitere Etappe.

Abspann

Erster Höhepunkt zu Beginn der Postsaisonsaison war die traditionelle Kopfsteinpflasterrundfahrt Ende Oktober, wobei Sachen Pavés und die Tour des Pavés die Startplätze getauscht haben. Die Steinsson Zwillinge rockten das Feld in Sachsen und Kari gewann mit Arni als Edelhelfer neben der Rundfahrt auch zwei Etappen und das Punktetrikot. Der zweite Höhepunkt war der dritte Sieg von Stefan Küng an Liechtensteiner Meisterschaften, und das mit 35 Jahren.

Nach Kari Steinsson und „King“ Küng wollte sich auch Gaudenz Taverna nicht Lumpen lassen und gewann sowohl das Einzelzeitfahren also auch das Gesamtklassement bei der Moldawien-Rundfahrt im November. Tour du Sud du Maroc…

Zum ersten Mal überhaupt nahm das Team FL mithilfe von Takashi Design mit EAT 2012 an der Wahl der Dezembertour 2012 teil. Leider verlor EAT die Stichwahl gegen die Japantour, wurde aber trotzdem in verkürzter Form für den Januar 2013 verwendet. Ansonsten setzte vor allem Xaver Unsinn nochmal ein Ausrufezeichen im letzten Monat 2012 mit einem Sieg-Hattrick. Den Rest des Monats wurde das Team auf Weihnachtsurlaub geschickt, um sich optimal für die East African Tour im Januar erholen zu können.

2012 in Zahlen:

Rennen: 256 (~21.34 Rennen/Monat)

Etappensiege (43):
10 – Gaudenz Taverna
7 – Xaver Unsinn
5 – Stefan Küng (2x NC)
5 – Stefano Benni
4 – Jean Ollé Ollé
3 – Cédric Schmarotz
3 – Kari Steinsson
2 – Nathaniel Biedermann
1 – Wesley Lichtenkiesel
1 – Tim Hamberger
1 – Toni Hassler
1 – Harry Hole

Klassikersiege (3):
1 – Stefano Benni (Lombardia)
1 – Stefan Küng (Omloop)
1 – Harry Hole (Québec)

Rundfahrten (4):
3 – Gaudenz Taverna (Bayern, Elk Grove, Moldova)
1 – Kari Steinsson (Sachsen Pflaster)

Punktewertung (3):
1 – Cédric Schmarotz (Qatar)
1 – Nathaniel Biedermann (California)
1 – Kari Steinsson (Sachsen Pflaster)

Bergwertung (1):
1 – Wesley Lichtenkiesel (PN)

Jungfahrerwertung (1):
1 – Stefano Benni (Corezze)

Mannschaftswertung (5):
- Sachsen Pavés
- De Panne
- Dunkerque
- California
- Denmark

Nominationen Fahrer des Jahres 2012:

1.) Gaudenz Taverna
10 Etappensiege, davon 3 TdF-Etappen
3 Rundfahrtsiege
1 3. Platz bei Rundfahrten
5'051 Punkte

2.) Stefano Benni
5 Etappensiege, davon 1 Monument (Lombardia)
1 Jungfahrertrikot
4'162 Punkte

3.) Stefan “King” Küng
6 Etappensiege, inkl. 1 Klassiker (Omloop), 2 Liechtensteiner Meistertitel (3 in der Karriere)
1 3. Platz GP Harelbeke
2 3. Plätze bei Rundfahrten (Sachsen Pavés und De Panne)
6’571 (ewige) Punkte

4.) Kari Steinsson
3 Etappensiege
1 Rundfahrtsieg (Sachsen Pflaster)
1 Punktetrikot (Sachsen Pflaster)
1'170 Punkte

5.) Xaver Unsinn
7 Etappensiege
1 3. Platz Tre Valli
5'399 Punkte

Which was the best rider in 2012? Vote for your favorite! -> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=90

Winner will be announced after 11 January 2013…

Ronson

Post by Ronson » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Oh, it was a hard decission between the "King" and Xaver. And where is Ollé Ollé???
Wer Rückenwind hat, fährt einfach nur zu langsam!

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Ronson wrote: And where is Ollé Ollé???
He is on Zanzibar at the moment. Anyway, Ollé Ollé just did not make it under the top5 to be nominated.

Btw, because of you, here again the link to the Team FL rider of 2012 voting: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=90

team fl

Post by team fl » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:28 pm

Points triumvirat at EAT

EAT is over. The results for Team FL are three stage wins, and the points classement. With Benni first, Ollé Ollé second and Unsinn third, Team FL even could win the first three places of it.

On the second last day of EAT, Ollé Ollé won his second stage of the tour, thanks to Hugo Marxer who jumped in and consulted Petit Singe who took over for the Team FL management. Finally, Taverna got another second place during this tour and Benni could win the points classement, while Ollé Ollé and Unsinn were placed on the two and three of this classement. In the GC, it was also Stefano Benni with his 7th place who was best for Team FL. As its second rider among the top10, Xaver Unsinn got 9th, while Gaudenz Taverna and Stéphane Antiga were still placed among the top20. After all, the tour designed by Team FL and Takashi Murakami was a success, especially financially. Now the Liechtenstein cycling team will focus on the Tour des Pavés and gives the Steinsson brothers a chance to show their strength as they were not riding in East Africa.
Last edited by team fl on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:27 am

No need to show it, we know they are strange!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:29 am

Robyklebt wrote:No need to show it, we know they are strange!
8-)