Anti Multi proposal

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

AlmavivaItalia

Anti Multi proposal

Post by AlmavivaItalia » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Nobody read my post:

i have some solutions for some problems:

solution N°1 (for false/splitting accounts)

No racepoints for new teams, so they can race only at the no-racepoints race... and left this only for div6-7, so less chances to split the groups

Solution N°2 (sittering/multi accounts)

First one, check IP's (at the subscription may be a good effort, or better using a "validation subscription" before sending the email, where a comitee can "validate" it checking some ideas, like Username, E-mail and Subscription IP)

Second One, use a form like "Travian": in Preferences/options i can use one field for writing the name of the player that can sitters me (for example i write Club Nautico)
it allows to sittering.
the one who is allowed to sitter can enter in the game writing as username my team name and as password his pw.
Like This:

Username: Almavivaitalia
Pw: Club Nautico's Password

he will be allowed only to sitter for the stage (no trasfert allowed, no training change, neither else..) ... there is only one issue for this idea: One Day Races...

Bolded-bigger text as a solution...

Nobody post and comment and give his opinion... I suggest Roby as Subscription Kommitee Chief (not me because in my recent past i was a multi, as i admitted in chat during a race)

flockmastoR

Re: black riders

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:19 pm

to no. 1: you want to restrict new teams even more. will not be supported by buhmann i guess
to no. 2: you want to forbid races to players with the same IP technically, not good too, against brothers, working colleges, studends who play from the same "work space"
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

AlmavivaItalia

Re: black riders

Post by AlmavivaItalia » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:45 pm

to no. 1: you want to restrict new teams even more. will not be supported by buhmann i guess
Yeah, but it was only for avoiding the chase of splitting group with fast and unused subscription... it happens a lot

to no. 2: you want to forbid races to players with the same IP technically, not good too, against brothers, working colleges, studends who play from the same "work space"
no... want only to give "some time" before the subscription... like every respectable game
Other solution is to create the Multi comitee or similar with the target of studying the ip multi situation...

If someon had bad feedback against every ideas (and no new ideas) we will have the same problem and it can become worst than now...

Robyklebt

Re: Anti Multi proposal

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Everybody read your post:

Just thought no answer since it wasn't in a separate topic, hihi...

Now separated it, even managed to do it with my awesome forum powers, I'm very proud

Nr. 1: Not a good idea at all. Even if 50% of new players were multis (they aren't) why punish all new players? Not good. No need to change anything here, 20 race points at first, then 10 like everybody else who doesn't pay.

Nr 2:
AlmavivaItalia wrote:First one, check IP's (at the subscription may be a good effort, or better using a "validation subscription" before sending the email, where a comitee can "validate" it checking some ideas, like Username, E-mail and Subscription IP)
Yes, generally very good proposal.
I'd like to add: Inscription, a big screen where it says: NO MULTIS ALLOWED, ONE TEAM PER PLAYER. And "if you regularly play from the same IP as another user, please mention the other users name in the form below, bla ba" something like that.
Next as you say, an Email sent to the emailadress for validation. Automatically, of course it's not very effective, everybody has more than one email adress and it's easy to create a new one...
Then of course IP check. Automatically .
Email check: Automatically. Check for the same adress, already in use or not, plus similarities... same name...
Password check, automatically again.

No need for a committee, not with the quality of the committees we already have.
Then, not only for new teams, automatic IP checks. If they there are same IPs that weren't reported, automatic ingame message and automatic email sent, asking for an explanation. NO answer within a certain time (don't really know 3 days? 2 log ins) the accounts in question are all automatically blocked... until an answer comes. Automatize as much as possible.
Of course it's not that difficult to go around it... friends, family, living in a dormitory, whatever... but at least it would mean a BIT more effort for multis. Plus guys with 20+ teams like our "friend" delfini etc. wouldn't get through. No chance, not even Buh would believe that 20 people play from one office... Still multis would be possible, but need more effort.
But no to another comittee, let Buh do it. Automatize as much as possible. The rest by hand. And review the "same IP" requests too. If necessary add a "send me identification" like there is in other games, don't really like it, but maybe it is necessary
AlmavivaItalia wrote:Second One, use a form like "Travian": in Preferences/options i can use one field for writing the name of the player that can sitters me (for example i write Club Nautico)
it allows to sittering.
the one who is allowed to sitter can enter in the game writing as username my team name and as password his pw.
Like This:

Username: Almavivaitalia
Pw: Club Nautico's Password

he will be allowed only to sitter for the stage (no trasfert allowed, no training change, neither else..) ... there is only one issue for this idea: One Day Races...
Yes, good idea. Just races, maybe inscription would be ok too actually. Tour starts the first, the boss can't go online the whole day, but new riders joins the team, he wants him to ride... but ok a detail.
IMO good idea to give 2-3 guys "constant" sitter access. FOr example like it happened to Taka the other day, internet gone all of the sudden... one of his "regular sitters" by chance sees it, he can help without being asked to. Plus if another sitter is found for another race, that one extra for that day.
One day races shouldn't be a problem, I'm sure Buh can programm that.
And a "sitting limit" per month OR per stage race too.
And then of course: NO more logging in into other accounts for whatever reasons. Mentor? No. Friend who wants to see the training? No (Can we make an exception for me.. I like to laugh at ZLs training... :cry: ) Guys who want to have fun in the main chat by confusing SM, so using all the accounts they know the password (it's big fun). NO. (Robyklebt is clearly anti-fun) A log in into another account, not the "sittercorner" for whatever reason=forbidden, automatic ingame message sent, maybe even automatic fine for the guy who does it. Then he still can defend himself... Sometimes I visit ZL and there of course I log into my account, would give me an automatic fine since the system would think I'm ZL (fuck the system, what an insult) but hey... explain it and the fine should get revoked. Anyway, logging in into other accounts=FORBIDDEN
AlmavivaItalia wrote:Nobody post and comment and give his opinion... I suggest Roby as Subscription Kommitee Chief (not me because in my recent past i was a multi, as i admitted in chat during a race)
NO committee!!!!!!!!!!!! And that Roby even less as Chief, are you crazy?
Mmh, you were a multi? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Tell us what team, grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ah. Multis, we don't need to hang them by the balls, kick them in the mouth, give them a huge fine. What we need is to have them give up the other teams, somebody who admits to his misdeeds and stops using multis (like this Alma).... ok no problem. Others who are discovered of course some fines for the main team. Killing all teams often makes no sense, then they have nothing again and start with 3 multis again, then take the best one after a while... The goal is not to punish the multis, it's to get the multis out of the game as much as possible! Some of course need some hanging by the balls, I agree.... those that are discovered, admit, go and make a new one etc.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

AlmavivaItalia

Post by AlmavivaItalia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Imperium
Lampre-Saeco

Delfini
RomaRoma
ItaliaItalia

no, seriously, last 3 i'm joking....

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:10 pm

AlmavivaItalia wrote:
Imperium
Lampre-Saeco

Delfini
RomaRoma
ItaliaItalia

no, seriously, last 3 i'm joking....

You mean you're joking that it's only these three... . :P
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:32 am

I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.