accusing people of unfairness

Discussion about fairness-stuff. Advices of breach of rules and so on.

Moderators: systemmods, fairplaymods

Team Lidwinia

accusing people of unfairness

Post by Team Lidwinia » Sat May 21, 2011 9:47 pm

I have two examples this week where people accuse me of being unfair.

1) Flat stage, I have the second best sprinter and one of the flat riders. At 15 km from the line, when most of my helpers are tired of making tempo, I attack with my flat rider and catch up with a group that just left. The group was caught back and my sprinter won the sprint. My attack is "unfair".

2) Mountain stage, I have the 13th or 14th in the GC and the first in the points classification. Number 3 in the points classification attacks, along with someone battling for the first place in the GC, I make tempo for about 3 km's with my 13th to try and get back to the points guy and to get top-10, with the pink jersey in my wheel, doing tempo too. Then I attack with my rider, dropping the pink jersey. The pink jersey keeps the jersey by 27 seconds. That tempo making was "unfair". and the guy who got second proclaims:
Fegefeuer: lidwinia learn to play the game, if we drive the same race, i only drive against you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I understand that with the excitement and if people can't stand losing strange behaviour appears, but it's annoying. I'm here to play a fun game with people, not to be whined to this way. I did nothing wrong at all. Those two things were concious decisions (probably not the right one) about the race. Only that. I broke no rules and did not do anything unrealistic. Remember David Millar attacking in the Giro while Farrar was there? Or Rujano riding with Contador, not to hurt Nibali, but to try and get a good result?

I have a proposal: if people accuse other people of unfairness in cases like this, this counts as unfairness and should be punished as such.

What do you think?

Aixteam

Re: accusing people of unfairness

Post by Aixteam » Sun May 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Just let them talk ..
Petit Singe: Aix croit toujours qu'il sera important dans le real life, RSF bah, pas trop ambitieux, NoPik a compris que il n'aura jamais le succes qu'il peut avoir ici en real life, alors il donne tout pour RSF!

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Sun May 22, 2011 2:29 pm

Aixteam wrote:Just let them talk ..
But don't let Aix speaking :-)

Zentaron

Post by Zentaron » Sun May 22, 2011 3:53 pm

situation 1: Did the other sprinters did tempo too? If yes, my reaction would have been the same like their. Maybe not to to say that you are unfair, but to ride next times against you. It i against the unspoken rules of good behaviour here at RSF. If they didn't work you did everything right.
sprint victories:
2007: 33 (30 since buying licence in april)
2008: 54
2009: 36
2010: 47
2011: 34

The Fantastic Four: Ewen McBright, Perry Niclas, Aigars Cakls & Frederic Iatiknu

Team Lidwinia

Post by Team Lidwinia » Sun May 22, 2011 8:17 pm

One of the other sprinter teams did ride, but the best sprinter's team did not.

Zentaron

Post by Zentaron » Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Then:
Aixteam wrote:Just let them talk ..
^^
sprint victories:

The Fantastic Four: Ewen McBright, Perry Niclas, Aigars Cakls & Frederic Iatiknu

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon May 23, 2011 3:18 am

Wrong. The implication you make there.

THEN let them talk.

It doesn't matter in the least if the others worked or not. He has the right to attack, an attack is not unfair. Even if you have the strongest sprinter and you got lots of help, then decide you want to win with Bakhtiyar, (well, have to use my team as example because Fabulous is the strongest sprinter..) you have the right to do it, and it's not unfair. It's unfair if you announce not to attack before, that yes. It's unfair if you tell the others, go out of tempo, which implies that you'll control it, and then attack. But in a normal case.. it's just not unfair. It's just not very nice. And long term not very clever. Because the cooperation with other sprinters than will be much harder in the future... but it's ok, not unfair, you can do it. And you really shouldn't get -1 for that. No matter if others work or not. You have the right to attack! Just live with the consequences that might arise in the future.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Zentaron

Post by Zentaron » Mon May 23, 2011 4:23 am

Bah, ape, read everything i wrote.
sprint victories:

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon May 23, 2011 5:01 am

Unfair to demand such a thing.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!